A/C Compressor won't come on

94CutlassSLCoupe

Ok..My A/C had a leak and hasn't worked since last fall...but at that time the compressor cylcled on fine when it was full of R-134

I put some R-134& stop leak in (with guage) and got it up to the right pressure, the compressor clutch did not kick in.

Jumped low pressure cut-off switch...passenger side fan came on immediately, but no compresser clutch

Tested A/C relay by using one from my dad's '94 cs vert, no difference

checked HVAC fuse, good...

I'm pretty baffled as I am getting NO voltage at the compressor clutch plug...although there is this little white box about 3" down the wire that I have no idea what it does. Other than that, the only thing i can think of is a broken wire somewhere!!! ARRGH!

Help!!!

that is one thing i'm not willing to work on is ac your braver then me i'll give you that much. i can only think its a broken wire somewhere but i sure hope it isn't :? i would try grounding the power wire and see if you get a voltage reading from the plug that turns on the compressor clutch. if you get a reading from that terminal you know which wire is bad :?

well it really isn't that bad BUT it is pissing me off....

since my car only has 27,000 miles on it I kinda want the A/C to work!!! :bash:

well it really isn't that bad BUT it is pissing me off....

since my car only has 27,000 miles on it I kinda want the A/C to work!!! :bash:

i hear that and i hate pissing gas on the fire here but my cutlass has 228k miles on it and the a/c was converted in 92(104k) all its ever had is recharges from that point. :oops:

• 2 months later...

I've got the same thing happening on my 91 Lumina. I don't even know where the low pressure cutoff switch is... I just know the clutch isn't engaging. on the compressor plug, there's two wires, a green and a black. there's some continuity between them, which I'm thinking isn't the way it's supposed to be. is the black wire supposed to be ground and the green a 12V? The relay tests out good (swapped the fan relays with it, etc.)

I just want to see what's supposed to be on these two wires before I go dumping 12Vs on to the compressor. Any thoughts? There's continuity also between the output on the relay plug and the compressor plug.

Thanks