Custom crossover and rear mani

J

Hey guys,

I've been talking with a custom shop out in cali and they would be willing to make a copy of the 3.1 turbo crossover and downpipe (rear mani). The problem is i do not have one to ship them to make a copy of. If you are willing to ship them a crossover, if you have a spare and a rear manifold let me know. This would open up the market to all of us with a 3.1 that want a turbo, they can even change it to fit your needs, such as a different turbo or location, but that would require a car to work with.

If someone could send them a crossover and rear mani, and would like a new one, i'm sure they would give you a discount if you were the person to send it to them. Thanks guys, let me know if anyone is interested. Later Jay

was under the impression that Jeff M only re does the stock ones you send him. AM i wrong?

If that is so, thats great, what we need now is someone who makes the rear exhaust manifold to convert to turbo.

So your thread title is "crossover and downpipe". You then say "downpipe (rear mani)". You do realize that the downpipe is the portion of exhaust from the turbo exhaust outlet "down" to the exhaust piping going to the rear of the car? The downpipe has no relation to the cross-over or the rear exhaust manifold. The rear manifold is what connects to the head closest to the firewall and directs the exhaust to the cross-over. 8)

For the love of god, don't let them copy the stock pipe.. let them use it for dimension reference only. mandrel bends and decent welds would be nice.

For the love of god, don't let them copy the stock pipe.. let them use it for dimension reference only. mandrel bends and decent welds would be nice.

that is what i am hoping for, i just need someone to send this place a original pipe

Didn't RedZMonte offer a downpipe for the TGP? Does he even post here anymore? I haven't seen him in a long time.

What I want are some mandral bent headers! :D

no one? I need a rear mani and a crossover, no matter the shape it is in to send out to them, the dp can be made easily by any decent shop ( i have a real good place by me) C'mon guys!!!

Or hell if anyone knows where to order a stock xover let me know, but i still need the rear mani

So how are they going to build a rear manifold that will flow the same as the stock cast iron front manifold? They would need both to make something compareable in flow. If the flow is not close to even it will cause serious performance issues.

To order the stock cross-over it is better than $1000 from the dealer.

FYI...I asked about your part description because there is a big difference in what you were asking for. :wink:

Guest TurboSedan
Didn't RedZMonte offer a downpipe for the TGP? Does he even post here anymore? I haven't seen him in a long time.

What I want are some mandral bent headers! :D

he only offered the 'secondary downpipe' IOW the short S-shaped one runs under the car and bolts to the first downpipe. he didn't make his own dowpipe that bolts to the turbine and runs over to the firewall area.

i don't know if he still offers them or what, but probably not since he's sold his TGP. besides, he's pretty well known for popping in about once a year and then going completely AWOL so it might be rather tough to get ahold of him on through the forum :) i do have his phone # & email though.

I have an extra stock crossover, heat sheilds and all, and a set of manifolds. But i am planning on selling them or keepin them for another future project. If the shop would ship them back to me i might be willing to let them use them for taking measurements and such.

Joe

If they can make a x-over and rear manafold..why would you need OE stuff. Have them fab two log manafolds and a x-over with two flex bellows and a flinge for a t3 or t4. Stainless steel would be the only way to go...so look $$$.