Custom switches???

90TGP

Who here has put their switches into the ashtray area in the center console??? If you have, how did you mount them there, and what did you do about the lighter?

I have my manual fan switches located there in my 93 SE(has a 1990 console/DIC in it). I currently have a piece of composite material/plastic sitting in that area(got it from my bro-in-laws shop, no clue what it was off of..but it works fine) and secured to the console with two screws. I left the lighter out of the car up until a few weeks ago when I relocated it up under the DIC(secured it to the lower dash panel directly behind the DIC...it's kinda "rigged" at the moment, but it's out of view :oops: ..I need to fabricate a better mount for it basically).

??? for what? I would like to move my window switches there.

Trust me, no you wouldn't.

stupid Saturns...

??? for what? I would like to move my window switches there.

Trust me, no you wouldn't.

stupid Saturns...

don't forget ford thunder birds the 80s- ??s

Guest Anonymous

I hate the switches on the doors. they always get wet when it rains or snows... yuk, i'd much rather have them in the console. Upon further investigation when gutting the GTP, if I ran the wiring harness there, it could be done.

i never thought switches on the console had a purpose, i just thought the automakers were being cheap by only having to use one switch vs two