What is that?

mewantsa87gnx

So this has been bothering for quite a while, when I first got the car I was doing a self inspection, and I stumbled upon a metal box under the passenger seat. What the hell is it? I can not get a good enough look because of its placement to figure it out, is it some kind of pre-amp or something?

your airbag's will not explode :lol: just unhook battery. unplug it when you hook the battery back up the air bag light will go on what that box is called is a derm :!:

what that box is called is a derm

Jeez, listen to this guy with his fancy acronyms, what are you, some kind of dermatologist or somethin???? :)

Knock on wood, but I've never unhooked a battery while working on air bag systems, nor have I ever seen anyone unhook the batteries. Not saying you shouldn't, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you did.

smart ass !! have you heard what a air bag sounds like when it go's off i do it's load in a shop like a you shoot a 12 gage in you house all the guy's ear's were all ringing all day because one man did not unhook the battery thank god no one was in the car at the time !!

smart ass !! have you heard what a air bag sounds like when it go's off i do it's load in a shop like a you shoot a 12 gage in you house all the guy's ear's were all ringing all day because one man did not unhook the battery thank god no one was in the car at the time !!

:cry: :cry:

mavisbtt.jpg

:lol: :joke: I read it a couple of times and got the message. That's nuts.

You don't need to unhook the battery, but you need to pull the fuse and wait 30-seconds for reserve power to deplete. This should be in all the GM Service Manuals.