grinding noise

stlunatics2oo3

okay i have a 89 2 door cutlass and i am hearing a grinding noise by the front part of the serpentine belt. i am wondering what it is and how to fix or change. i mean i am having no low fluid in any where and steering is fine and coolant is at its level and i haven't never changed my belt since i have owned the car. which is a year and it has its spots but is still tight and i am unsure what is wrong. it is there loud in the morning but it dies down when it gets warm but it is still there just lighter sound and i am unsure if it is the a/c compessor

that could very well be the waterpump, when it craps out, it will make a grinding noise and eventually spray a little bit of coolant. Mine did that when I first bought it with 83k on it, didnt even know the sound was coming from there so I just ignored it, but when the pump leaked coolant, I replaced it, noise gone!

Take the belt off and spin all the pulleys, it could be an idler or tensioner pulley. All pulleys should turn very easily with no noise, ps pump might have a little more resistance.