touch up paint code for my cutty...

wally05

I cannot seem to find a matching black touch up paint can or anything for my cutty. At least one that matches on paper, I haven't tested any yet. Anyone have any idea what the color name is of a 1990 black cutty?

Korey

• 2 weeks later...

I had trouble finding the paint code for my 1995 GP. I looked in the stupid book but it was not listed for 1995. However, for some stupid reason they did have it listed under newer vehicles, so I managed to find the right one.

At least you're tryin to match black and not red. That is near impossible with of the shelf stuff.

My idea would be to buy some basic domestic black and a can of clear. If it comes out too dull, just put a coat of clear on there to shine it up. It may work, but I am no expert by any means.

Very true, hey guys, just to ask, how does the trunk rack attach to the trunk of these things? I could go out and look but it's late and my head is pounding. I have to remove the rack as I'm going to repaint it sometime.

Korey

Very true, hey guys, just to ask, how does the trunk rack attach to the trunk of these things? I could go out and look but it's late and my head is pounding. I have to remove the rack as I'm going to repaint it sometime.

Korey

Bolts on the trunk lid. ;)

Just be careful not to overtighten them, cause the bastards are threaded in plastic, so if they get torqued to hard they will bust in the plastic. :thumbsdown: