Another Coolant light/Guage cluster problem

rolledthatho

hey guys, i know this is probably a very annoying re-post but on all my searches i didnt really get what i was looking for

my low coolant light comes on after about 10 mins of driving, stays on until i cut the car off, and it goes off, then i crank it drive about 15 mins or so and back on it comes!

the coolant is full but dirty, im gonna flush it, for some reason i dont feel like its a faulty gauge but it may be, would anything else cause it to do this? is there a sender unit on the resivoir or something telling you its low that could be bad?

tia

The low coolant sensor for the gauge cluster is located on the radiator(passenger side..it's square shaped and has a plug that goes into the radiator, should be gray in color and maybe 2''x2'' or so in size), it's either bad or has a lot of gunk built up on it if you're not losing any coolant. I had to replace the sensor in my 1993 GP a couple of years ago due to the same occurrence, it was faulty(cleaned it and it still would trigger the low coolant light despite the coolant level being full).

how much are those little sensors, if pricey i might try to get one off a wrecked or parted car in the for sale, im in no hurry, because i have another car...

and yeah im gonna do a flush and fill tomm

The sensors are around $40.

They do seem to go bad rather often, at least under my care they do.

I had one go bad a couple of months ago and I just unhooked it. Since I have put the new radiator in, I didn't drill out for the sensor so now there is no coolant level sensor on the car.

try bleeding the system, my z34 did that at one point till i bled all teh air from it.

how do you bleed the air from the system? where is the bleeder located and what do i do?