Speed limiter on regal?

88Regal Limited

Did the 1988 regal come with a speed limiter? Am I limited to 108 or can I get er up to 115? (Too all you smartasses, I'm not going out to test it, not that i could even hit 100 unless I'm driving down a mountain) :roll:

Dunno about your car..but I'd say it does have one...my '90 Lumina has one, governs around 177-180KM/H

And yes I've tested it :twisted: :lol:

It takes a good 3 minutes for me to ge to get to that speed on a flat dead hgihway lol

- Jeff L.

Dunno about your car..but I'd say it does have one...my '90 Lumina has one, governs around 177-180KM/H

And yes I've tested it :twisted: :lol:

It takes a good 3 minutes for me to ge to get to that speed on a flat dead hgihway lol

I got my 88' Grand Prix w/ 240,000km up to approx 177km/h (converted to 106.2mph), on a long flat road and it took a long time to get going that fast. I had it in D (3rd), and it was pushing 6000RPM or so. Then something shut down and I had to slow down.. not sure if it was a governer or something else, but I don't think it was possible for the car to go any faster than that (since it's doubtfull the 2.8 will be able to push higher speeds in overdrive). That was crazy fast on a countryish highway road, where the speed limit is 80km/h. I haven't really pushed my '95 that hard, I got it up to 160km/h a couple times, once it wouldn't go any higher but I think it was cause I was driving on an incline.