how much would you pay for.....

White93z34

a cutlass vert STB???

1.jpg

hows $7 sound :mrgreen: thats right. i found me a vert with the STB today at a pick n pull, got it for a whole $7.

more or less i'm enjoying being here in georgia at shaun's (digitaloutsider) place, we went yarding today. as well as i nabed a mess of parts from his old LTE, such as a perfect a/c condensor, coils and icm, a perfect hood release cable for my euro and a set of horns for the z34.

2.jpg

best of all the cars here have NO RUST. i swear the cars at the yard were in FAR better shape then half the cars i see on PA roads. so in case anyone wondered wher i have been, i've been in georgia!

Is that the STB that was for a 3.1 convertible though? I think the one on my dad's DOHC 'vert has a bend toward the firewall in the bar

Is that the STB that was for a 3.1 convertible though? I think the one on my dad's DOHC 'vert has a bend toward the firewall in the bar

Yea, at least the older ones. The newer ones (starting '94?) all got the updated DOHC compatible car.

Like I have 8)

but DAMN good buy man.. I think I paid $70 shipped!

yeah, the convertable was a 3.1, it clears a dohc fine however, we tried it on a dohc grand prix that the yard had, fit fine.

as for when i went to georgia a friend of mine deals in antiques and he was headnig down here anyhow, so i offered to help drive.

Chris, nice find!! Now, how's about nabbing that 3.1 with wiring and put it in the regal for a box of cheezits? Or get me a set of nice rims for a bag of cheeze dodles? :lol:

Anyways, nice find and sell it for some $$$!

it was about a 12 hour drive non stop. as far as that vert goes, it was all there for the most part, the top was kinda trashed, but other then that it was mostly copmplete.

Get me some parts?

I need some rubber buttons like the ones here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7973581874&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

And more importantly, the driver side linkage mentioned here:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28046&start=45

It would be nice to finally have the convertible top working!