Impala question.. someone back me up here.

THe_DeTAiL3R

I work at a car rental place (still in training). Did the w-body Impala (hell, any Impala ever for that matter!) come with a 4 cyl engine ??? During the training I noticed in the book that there were 2 Impalas, one stating 4 cyl and one V6. So I told my manager "they came in a small V6 and a larger V6, never a 4 cyl". SHE said yes they did and that she had seem them. Unfortunaly we don't have them on the fleet anymore, so there is no way for me to prove her wrong. Unless they did special make them for rental cars? WTF??

:lol: :lol: :lol: As Wayne Campbell would say "Shyeah right! And monkeys might fly outta my butt!!!"

The 3400 is the motor standard in the base model, the LS gets the L36, and the SS gets the L67.

Maybe she somehow misinterpreted the "4" in "3400" to mean 4-cylinder...

I don't think they've had 4 cylinders in second-gens, period.

edit: Checked http://www.cars.com , 2000+ Impalas have had the 3.4, 3.8, and 3.8 s/c.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, the 3.4, 3.8, and the 3.8s/c in the newer SS

:cuss:

No. I don't think at any time in the history of ANY Impala EVER was there a four banger. NevAr.

Yeah, Thats what I was saying. the 3.4 is the smallest motor they ever put in an impala.