Fiberglass Hood

19Cutlass94

How the hell does the drivetrain layout determine if a hoodscoop is a good idea or bad idea. FFS! Saying hood scoops are for RWD cars is like saying chrome rims are only good on 4X4s.

Christ ... a scoop is supposed to aid in clearing the engine's parts that would otherwise protrude from a normal hood.

YES a scoop can be made to be functional even on a FWD car.

The scoop can be used to pull air from the engine bay out the rear via suction as the vehicle travels along. Also...

Someone can create a psuedo-ram air system if they took the time to sculpt one from foam and mold a proto-type inner recpetion airbox to bolt on top of the plenum. Air can then be directed into the airbox through a pre-filter onto the airfilter and then into the TB.

The bulge in the hood just allows for it to look better.

im not seeing why hood scoops are stupid on FWD cars, its just that the wheels pull the car instead of push it, now racing slicks on the back of a RWD are dumb, yes, but why does it matter the car is FWD and to have hood scoops? is it magicly retarded and cant work because of that or what? I think the hood looks awsome, i think 19cutlass94 should get it, i love my Big long Louvers on my TGP, not the ghetto shorty louvers in the GTP's

We all feel dumber after reading that. :lol:

Well the thing is, I would love to bring my car to some of the local car shows and such around here, but I duno if it is worth bringing to one yet so Im exploring some of the options that I have to modify my car (or whatever you would like to say ) so that I would feel more confortable going to a car show.

You shouldn't let yourself feel that way, do what you want not what you think will make you look "cool."

How the hell does the drivetrain layout determine if a hoodscoop is a good idea or bad idea. FFS! Saying hood scoops are for RWD cars is like saying chrome rims are only good on 4X4s.

Christ ... a scoop is supposed to aid in clearing the engine's parts that would otherwise protrude from a normal hood.

YES a scoop can be made to be functional even on a FWD car.

The scoop can be used to pull air from the engine bay out the rear via suction as the vehicle travels along. Also...

Someone can create a psuedo-ram air system if they took the time to sculpt one from foam and mold a proto-type inner recpetion airbox to bolt on top of the plenum. Air can then be directed into the airbox through a pre-filter onto the airfilter and then into the TB.

The bulge in the hood just allows for it to look better.

Oh yeah, there are definately possibilities with having a hood such as the one he posted, but judging from his posts that isn't his focus. He is concerned about how it will look on his car and only how it will look. I think it's a waste of money unless it's necessary.

ok, i need to s tart re-reading my posts before i post, lol, u all know i ment Slicks on the back of a FWD car, lol, the F and the R keys are just so close, lol

ok, i need to s tart re-reading my posts before i post, lol, u all know i ment Slicks on the back of a FWD car, lol, the F and the R keys are just so close, lol

:lol: thats probably a good idea

Oh yeah, there are definately possibilities with having a hood such as the one he posted, but judging from his posts that isn't his focus. He is concerned about how it will look on his car and only how it will look. I think it's a waste of money unless it's necessary.

Well if I got the hood, I would make it functional, I guess I should have said that a little sooner :lol: but thats why I was asking about the looks of the hood, to see what everybody thought.