Fiberglass Hood

19Cutlass94

What does everybody think of this hood???

803598_53_full.jpg

I was thinking about buying it, but if anybody would also like to get one (92-96 Cutlass) maybe we could get a group buy going, although I would need to talk to the guy to see what he would be able to do price wise.

This hood uses the OEM hinges and latch, truly a bolt on, no fab needed

(They also make this hood for the 89-91 Cutlass)

the place makes them doesnt have the hood for a GP, only the firebird and T/A, as far as I know, but then again Im going by what they say on their website

I think its a good looking hood, and it looks like the one I would want to put on my car, but being fiberglass kinda is sketch to me, on my baja I am finding out fiberglass is not the best material for a semi-important part.

I would efinately be interested to see it on your car though, your car is almost identical to mine, minus my tint and i have different wheels,

basically its a cutty coupe the same color :)

I have always liked the cowl induction look hoods on vehicles, I just wish they made an all metal one with working cowl induction like the old muslce cars have where the little thing pops up at certain times.

the place makes them doesnt have the hood for a GP, only the firebird and T/A, as far as I know, but then again Im going by what they say on their website

Wow, they have one for a Cutty but not a G/P?

IDK- I think it will look good, but I wouldn't do it because you're driving a FWD uni-body car, not a RWD muscle car.

IDK- I think it will look good, but I wouldn't do it because you're driving a FWD uni-body car, not a RWD muscle car.

:werd:

:werd: x2 ...the only way i'd put one of those on my car is if i needed the extra hood clearance for forced induction...

Well the thing is, I would love to bring my car to some of the local car shows and such around here, but I duno if it is worth bringing to one yet so Im exploring some of the options that I have to modify my car (or whatever you would like to say :lol: ) so that I would feel more confortable going to a car show.

And I though while I was looking at this, I might share it with everyone incase someone else lied it too and maybe get a group buy or something so that many people could benefit.

Heres some pictures of another cutlass, '92, on cardomain, that made his own hood, similar to this one, but not the same. Nevermind the huge wing on it either :lol:

268551_9_full.jpg

268551_4_full.jpg

268551_5_full.jpg

268551_11_full.jpg

If he happens to see his car on here, Thanks for lettin me use it for this purpose

I was considering buying one of those hoods last summer, after looking at that red car, i dunno if it would be worth it. One of those things that would have to grow on someone i guess.

I mean I can understand where some of you are coming from in saying that it looks stupid on a FWD car. but me personally I like that style hood in general, not saying that its gonna go on the Cutlass.

Just trying to do sumtin different

I mean I searched for such a long time to find afte market products, such as hoods and body parts and such and all I found was that hood there :lol: but I duno after every cutty, the body being basically the same cuz no1 makes such things for the body, I guess you start to try to find things to do with it :lol:

I mean I searched for such a long time to find afte market products, such as hoods and body parts and such and all I found was that hood there :lol: but I duno after every cutty, the body being basically the same cuz no1 makes such things for the body, I guess you start to try to find things to do with it :lol:

Maybe because they look fine the way they are. :lol: :idea:

im not seeing why hood scoops are stupid on FWD cars, its just that the wheels pull the car instead of push it, now racing slicks on the back of a RWD are dumb, yes, but why does it matter the car is FWD and to have hood scoops? is it magicly retarded and cant work because of that or what? I think the hood looks awsome, i think 19cutlass94 should get it, i love my Big long Louvers on my TGP, not the ghetto shorty louvers in the GTP's