Convertible Boot install Question.

wilde108

I just purchased a new convertible boot for my 92 vert and I can seem to figure out how it attaches on the trunk side. It looks like it should tuck in behind the folded back top, but I can't seem to find any where to fasten it to. Does anyone have any instructions or can someone tell me what im doing wrong.

Im not positive as my car didnt come with one, but isnt there velcro around that area on the top or something that it attaches to? Ive been lookin for one of those, so someone who really knows the answer should chime in cuz it would be good for me to know too.

I'm pretty sure it tucks in between the folded top and the trim, or at least thats how I've always done mine. There isn't really anywhere to "fasten" it so to speak, but mine has always done just fine (and looks right) this way. I'll try and take a pic when I get back to me house.

One of the sites I've seen shows it connecting to snaps in the trunk area. I have checked and my car does not have any snaps there. Maybe there were several different ways. Since you cannot figure out how to hook it up, you should give it to me! LoL. I hope to locate one for my car soon and have to find out how to hook it up myself.

One of the sites I've seen shows it connecting to snaps in the trunk area. I have checked and my car does not have any snaps there. Maybe there were several different ways. Since you cannot figure out how to hook it up, you should give it to me! LoL. I hope to locate one for my car soon and have to find out how to hook it up myself.

If you are looking for a boot look no further. This ebay store will have what you are looking for. This is where I purchased mine from. If you do not see one in the inventory shoot the seller an email and he will make you one.

http://stores.ebay.com/MILOS-AUTO-INTERIORS

Here is how I do it:

First I lay the boot over the top. Then I snap the 2 sides in place

first.6.jpg

Then, there are 3 black pastic clips on each side that bend behind the trim. make sure you secure all 6

second.9.jpg

Then, there are 3 white clips along the rear that fit on the edge of the trim piece

third.6.jpg

fourth.2.jpg

Then, press down the velcro and your done. I added 2 snaps that aren't visible when the boot is on because my velcro sometimes comes loose.

fifth.1.jpg

sixth.2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Very nice! Just out of curiosity, what color is the boot you bought from Milos? And how much did you pay? I have been watching their auctions and the price has come down from 250 to 220, so I may have to bite the bullet and buy one. They offer white and those are so damn rare on ebay they sell for that much or more. Can you post some pics of the Milo's top? Both on and off - underside too, so I can compare to factory? Thanks.

Thomas

WhiteOut put his 'vert boot on at a meet last year and I couldn't believe how much of a pain in the ass it was. I have never seen such a complicated boot in my life. Those are great pictures of how to install the boot though....thanks for posting them.