ABS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

junior1225

HI GUYS IT'S ME AGAIN JUNIOR1225 & STILL LOVING MY 91 CUTLASS INTERNATIONAL WITH 45K ON THE CLOCK I LOVE MY OLDS. I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY ABS SYSTEM SINCE DAY ONE.THE BRAKE LIGHT COMES ON WHEN I STEP ON THE BRAKES THEN IT GOES RIGHT OUT BUT THE ABS LIGHT IS ON & WONT GO OFF. THE MASTER WAS VERY LOW ON BRAKE FLUID & I FILLED TO THE CORRECT LEVEL,BUT THE LIGHT IS STILL ON. AND WHEN I APPLY THE BRAKE IT FEELS LIKE THE ABS PUMP IS PUMPING THE PEDAL BUT THE PEDAL FEELS SOFT.I THINK MY ABS SYSTEM IS THE GM MARINE TYPE THE ONE THAT WONT GIVE ME CODE INFOMATION.IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY INFO OR CAN DIRECT ME TO WERE I CAN GET SOME.

THANKS GUYS 4 ALL THE GREAT INFO IN THE PAST. :) :) :) :)

Sounds like low accumulator precharge. It will most likely be that if the pump turns on whenever you push the brakes. But that system can have lots of problems. The low fluid is probably because the brakes are leaking. This happens to all of them, eventually. Because of the high brake fluid pressure the pump housing develops small cracks. You could replace your unit with a rebuilt unit, or try to fix yours. It would be best if you can get access to a scan tool to check the codes to make sure.

Check out this site, has lots of info about the brakes.

http://www.turbogpgarage.com

Jason

HI GUYS IT'S ME AGAIN JUNIOR1225 & STILL LOVING MY 91 CUTLASS INTERNATIONAL WITH 45K ON THE CLOCK I LOVE MY OLDS. I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY ABS SYSTEM SINCE DAY ONE.THE BRAKE LIGHT COMES ON WHEN I STEP ON THE BRAKES THEN IT GOES RIGHT OUT BUT THE ABS LIGHT IS ON & WONT GO OFF. THE MASTER WAS VERY LOW ON BRAKE FLUID & I FILLED TO THE CORRECT LEVEL,BUT THE LIGHT IS STILL ON. AND WHEN I APPLY THE BRAKE IT FEELS LIKE THE ABS PUMP IS PUMPING THE PEDAL BUT THE PEDAL FEELS SOFT.I THINK MY ABS SYSTEM IS THE GM MARINE TYPE THE ONE THAT WONT GIVE ME CODE INFOMATION.IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY INFO OR CAN DIRECT ME TO WERE I CAN GET SOME.

THANKS GUYS 4 ALL THE GREAT INFO IN THE PAST. :) :) :) :)

This Pump is a little complicated, Make sure that You know what you are doing, You have to depressurize the pump!!! before doing anything with it, Even when adding a brake fluid. :)