CHMSL Replacement

93euro

OK so one of my 93 Lumina's CHMSL's burned out recently. i noticed it today, went to the parts store, looked in the book for the correct replacement, found the number 577, and bought the bulb. i got home, took the thing apart (breaking off a peice of plastic in the process :( ) and saw that the bulb looked NOTHING like 577. what's going on here? what bulb belongs up there?? i think SYLVANIA lied. lol

OK so one of my 93 Lumina's CHMSL's burned out recently. i noticed it today, went to the parts store, looked in the book for the correct replacement, found the number 577, and bought the bulb. i got home, took the thing apart (breaking off a peice of plastic in the process :( ) and saw that the bulb looked NOTHING like 577. what's going on here? what bulb belongs up there?? i think SYLVANIA lied. lol

They are Halogen and uber expensive. 891 is the number you need, the thing is they are like $8 bucks a piece. :shock:

They are Halogen and uber expensive. 891 is the number you need, the thing is they are like $8 bucks a piece. :shock:

did not know that!

:shock: I FIGURED IT OUT GUYS....CENTER HIGH MOUNTED STOP LIGHT...w00t!!...

*w-body member of the year for decoding the impossible.

*takes a bow* :mrgreen:

yay, leave it to my car to make sure only the most EXPENSIVE bulbs burn out

what your headlights? :lol:

SHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't give it any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, those 891 bulbs are expensive. I needed all 3 in the convertible's 3rd brake light. I got lucky and found a guy selling 3 brand new 891 bulbs on Ebay and got 'em for around $9 shipped.

yeah i just shelled out the $8 and bought it. i didnt feel like looking around at a junkyard or anything. with my luck im sure that the OTHER 891 will decide to go bad. im also sure that the 12 3057's across the back of ol' Loomy will NEVER burn out!! lol, too cheap

• 2 weeks later...

all you need is one light up there

i highly doubt a cop will pull you over with only one center brake light, let alone no center brake light

No one here has one.. I think I'm the only W-body in the area with both the lights working, most have none, some have one.. if they are lucky..

• 1 month later...

with my luck im sure that the OTHER 891 will decide to go bad

guess what, i was right. i noticed it yesterday. god i hate this car.

891's burnt out> 2

3057's burnt out> 0