Sterring Wheel Remote

fleetwoodguy79

Ok so my CD player crapped out... went looking for a new one (non-factory), and the guy told me that the cd players out there don't support the steering wheel radio controls. Ok so that pisses me off, i LOVE those controls! But he said that they make an adapter for it that is $160!!!! Man I don't want to pay that much just to get my steering wheel controls working again, anyone know of any other solutions to get this thing to work?? Its just a wiring harness right?? Thanks in advance!

I thought these aftermarket deals spliced into the steering wheel controls and sent that information to an infrared eye that had to be placed in front of the CD player... so what I gathered from it, it just acts like a remote control.... correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

It's called the PESWIX and it's made by Peripherals. Expect to pay $50-60. I wouldn't bother refurbishing the deck, for $200 you can get a deck with more features. Right now a lot of good deals are out on 2002 decks because they are being replaced right now with new models.

have the same prob. the thing that makes me mad is that the heat controls go through that to. I got the wiring diagram and the way they do it is really mest. when you hit one botton it gives the radio a certain resistance like 1000k and then you hit another botton and get 3000k resistance, from what I could tell all of the bottons are on one wire and they just use the dif. resistance, and the radio has something that makes sense of it all for the radio and the heat controls.

my solution I hope to do is take the wheel apart(disconect the airbag first) then insert those little buttons that they put in all sorts of things like radio receivers and other thing. then run the wires to the radio and heat control, take both apart and hook the buttons inline.