Turn Key, No Juice, no lights, no nothin'!

95CutlassVert

This is a brand new problem. The car was running fine (3.4 Cutlass Convertible) and then I went out to move it the other day and there was no juice at all. I mean totally dead, no lights, horn, radio, etc. I checked and cleaned the battery terminal, including the Aux, but nothing, The battery is fully charged ( as per my trickle charger) and it wouldn't take a jump. Is there a common area where the ground fails, or is there some other Achilles heel I am over looking. Thanks all who help!

could be the positive battery cable...i've replaced a few of them @ the shop i work at...they tend to corrode where the wires seperate to go to the starter & aux. post..you might wanna try wiggling the positive wires and see if anything happens...if that gives you power, then i'd replace the cable...

Battery tester.

How old is the batt? I bet it can't hold a charge!

All your fuses ok? Just trace your battery wires to the junction box and your negative to the body/block (where ever they placed them that year)!

Good luck!

Test the voltage of the battery but not on the terminals of the battery. Measure it from somewhere else. This will tell you if any juice is flowing. Then use the meter to measure resistance between the ground of the battery and someplace metal on the car. You should get a short. Then measure from the AUX to metal on the car and see if you get 12V. If not look at the + terminal connection or the cable going to it.

Glock

Test the voltage of the battery but not on the terminals of the battery. Measure it from somewhere else. This will tell you if any juice is flowing. Then use the meter to measure resistance between the ground of the battery and someplace metal on the car. You should get a short. Then measure from the AUX to metal on the car and see if you get 12V. If not look at the + terminal connection or the cable going to it.

Glock

You can check them off the post, if you turn the key over and the meter reads next to nothing the battery is not good, however it should take a jump considering you hook them to the post, I had a problem once where It would start up but everything would die, because the cable off the battery that went to the aux crap on the side corroded and broke, check the wires thats part of the problem 90% of the time like others have said, best of luck to ya this crap does get aggravating after awhile