FE1 Cutlass Autocross Vid!!!!

94CutlassSLCoupe

http://home.comcast.net/~pschalles/autocross.AVI

My car is an FE1 Cutlass with a '92 Z34 lumina rear sway bar installed and some monroe gasmatic struts in the back, P215/60R16 Classic Radial SR Tires.

I ran a 47.98 second time on another pass...fastest was an AWD Eagle Talon making 400hp which ran a 40.5...I beat plenty of other cars...more results later

I know the FE3 is WAY better than my suspension too...and to be totally honest, it didn't suck that bad. A friend of mine has a Golf GTI VR6 and i was only .2 behind him...may have to do with the driver but he went pretty hard too.

My favorite thing was the backend sliding out on a run i don't have a vid of...my fastest run of the day. I believe that the W actually has a very good suspension design (at least 1st gens). I think I could have run 45 sec or less in an FE3 DOHC car, which would have been VERY competive!

Very nice! :D I agree, made me kinda sick too though :lol: an exterior vid would've been great.

Damnit, I wish someone would set up an auto-x track around here. I'd love to try it.. where's the fun in just doing the 1/4?

what was all the clunking noises? Your knee hitting the door on turns maybe? ( :lol: )

That's actually the sound on the digicam clicking in and out. There was a lot more tire squeeling. The course was too long for an outside movie.

This was with the Kettering Car Club...we usually get 2-3 autocrosses per term.

I love it...its a lot of fun...i am definately going again...but hopefully I will have a '92 3.4 DOHC 5-speed International Series :D

that was really cool. if you had lower profile tires on there im sure that would have helped you too. My cousin goes to kettering too. i just noticed that.

I literally drove the car in and ran it... so about ~30-32 psi in the tires the tires are Classic Radial SR (literally M&S 480 treadwear all seasons) P215/60R16 (stock size for 16" wheel FE1 cars)

If I get really into it i might get better tires but I figured I'd try it with just the regular stuff.

you could have gotton better handling with a stiffer sidewall. do this by putting your pressure to the tires limit.. I'm guessing it would be about 40 psi on tires like you have.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna figure out how to put a handbrake on my car.. I figure if I change from a T-Handle to a cobra head type shifter, I could probably pull it off.

I wanna figure out how to put a handbrake on my car.. I figure if I change from a T-Handle to a cobra head type shifter, I could probably pull it off.

I did the opposite to my car... put the T shifter from my 88' onto my 95 which was cobra head.. lol

It sits lower now... it's like a short throw shifter!! :o :lol:

I did it with my 93 CS with a bad axle seal, sprayin tranny fluid all over. I was one with the Kettering ASE team, as was Pats (94CutlassSLCoupe). I ran like 50 secs, but it was funny cause every left turn my trans would slip then it would squawk the tires coming out of the turn. real fun cause the track was wet and I had some bald ass tires. :D

The autocrossing was through my school (kettering university)

The cop drove by real slow and then he went into the building (Birch Run Expo Center) and he must have found out it was OK.

I did the opposite to my car... put the T shifter from my 88' onto my 95 which was cobra head.. lol

It sits lower now... it's like a short throw shifter!! :o :lol:

you like the short throw effect get a buick regal shifter its a LOT shorter :lol: