Wet Trunk!

widetrak95

Any of you guys have any ideas on why my trunk has a major leak. I used silicon glue around the tail lights and spray silicon on the trunk lid seal. It sill leaks. Originally I looked through the trunk opening in the back seat with a flashlight while the car was in the car wash and saw the water streaming down on the back wall through the tail lights, but i sealed those and it also took care of them fogging up. Was hoping someone else had this probem before and had figured it out. Its a huge leak, the spare wheel well was filling up with water before I drilled the plug out. THE CAR STINKS after it rains. Please help! Thanks, alex.

Look around the taillights, where you'll see two body panels that have been welded, so to speak, together. That is the culprit. The seam cracks and leaks like a mofo. To narrow it down, hop in the trunk and have someone who is not mad at you shut the trunk and spray 'er down with a garden hose. You'll see right away where it is leaking.