Thinking of adding this to my car somehow

1990lumina

I'm thinking of adding this to my Lumina:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F010%5F005%5F001%5F000&product%5Fid=63%2D1039#

I just don't know where to put it interior wise...I've always wanted the exterior therometer...but I'll never be able to afford on of those compass/temp rearview mirrors.

Plus, it has a voltimeter...I know it probably isn't accurate, but it better then some idiot light that doesn't even come on until the motor dies lol...

For installation I'd chop off the cigarette lighter end, and splice it into something HOT when the ignition is ON or accessory.

Also has a backlight for night time....

I dunno, what do you guys think? It's pretty cheap buy so if I doesn't work out it's not like I wasted a whole piece of money.

However, the question is where do I put it so it isn't sticking out in the middle of no where???

Thanks

- Jeff L.

Theres a space next to the int. cluster, where the odometers are.. Make a spot there, even if you have to take the new thing out of the shell it was built in..

I had mentioned I wouldn't be able to afford one of those rearview mirrors with the built in compass/therometer...

I think that's what he meant that he sees them sell cheap.

Guess I should look more into that first...thing is, if I was to get one of those mirrors, it would need the compass/therometer, and the map lights built in as well..

- Jeff L.

Hey thanks for the heads up on the temp/volt meter deal. I picked one up and will be putting it in my MCZ34 (somewhere).

I am thinking somewhere on the dash on the drivers side of the steering wheel. We'll see what it looks like.

Glock

Install it in the panel below your steering column with a small piece of aluminum angle to point in your direction.
:werd: on the left side of the column up far enough to where the person sitting in the passenger seat can't see it :)

i would try to find a factory one out of a car in a junkyard. That'll look a lot better than if you were to put that radioshack one in. Especially since that lcd is not going to be easy to read without a backlight... Come to think of it, do the DICs have an outside thermometer?

Actually it does have a backlight. It is pretty sweet.

I have a place that I don't think will look 2 out of place, I need to try it and see. Worst case, I take it out since it is only held on by sticky tape.

Glock

I wouldn't put it in my car either, I think it would look tacked on.....although both my old '95GTP and my '97 Cutty had the temp. features in the DIC and the dual digital zone controls .....