Vacuum line to washer fluid reservoir?

blemke

I'll have pics up later tonight off my friends 97.

Where's the pump? I would ASSUME that that line would come out the bottom (not the top) and then go to the sprayer nozzles... but.. humm.

I think that line is supposed to just be a overflow, the pump is on the side of the bottle.

I am assuming nowand for several post that it is a overflow line.. What worries me and what I am still trying to get to is this... What is the other vacuum line for? or in other words ... What, if anything, is it supposed to be hooked up to?

Ok, on my friends GTP that is a overflow line. It drop right down and goes into the battery tray. I would assume that washer solvent can expand and that that is what that is for.

As for the vacuum line, someone could have hooked it up for alchohol injection, that's all I could think of. My friends Emissions sticker says it is for the accesories.

EDIT: Looking at your pictures that line that runs off the intake is the same line that runs the length of the firewall and around the strut tower and down under the waser solvent bottle. Is that the line you're talking about? Like I said emmissions sticker says it for accesories.

Well, it goes from the strut tower and then shoots down the tower by the washer bottle and disappears into who knows what.

Argh.. had gotten the Haynes manual for the car.. Boy it sucks.. Now got the Chilton manual and atleast it shows the vacuum lines.. But it simply refers to the 3rd vacuum line as "Accessory"...

Anyone know what "Accessory" this is supposed to be hooked up too?