Quick question on 89 Olds Cutlass Int'l

GnatGoSplat

All that Ive seen.. Come to think of it, the only colors I've EVER seen on Int'ls was: That red, dk. gray, black, and dk. blue..

I have seen variations .One thats the color of our car , and some that are a bit brighter red.... But I am sure that is due to sun fading, or -re-paint jobs..

I am pretty sure only the one color of red was offered.

Cool, thanks. I guess it doesn't matter though, I was looking to get a fender in the right color so I could bolt it on and just have a paint shop do a blend to make sure everything matches. I can't find any in the right color anywhere near, and with S&H, it would cost about the same to just buy a brand new fender.

Yeah, I've seen a 90 Quad4 5-speed car that looked almost identical to mine, but a more vibrant shade of red.

Cool, thanks. I guess it doesn't matter though, I was looking to get a fender in the right color so I could bolt it on and just have a paint shop do a blend to make sure everything matches. I can't find any in the right color anywhere near, and with S&H, it would cost about the same to just buy a brand new fender.

Yeah, I've seen a 90 Quad4 5-speed car that looked almost identical to mine, but a more vibrant shade of red.

You know your dealing with a classy guy when he uses words like "vibrant".... :nana:

Would you consider this the same color? I can't tell for 100% sure.

212886_8_full.jpg

212886_9_full.jpg

It's hard to tell because your car has the silver ground effects and this one had the gunmetal.

Would you consider this the same color? I can't tell for 100% sure.

I can't tell either. If it's an 88 or 89, it's probably the same color. If it's a 90, then it's probably a brighter shade.

i have seen a maroon 89 international so i think there are 2 shades of red

If it's a solid maroon, then it might just have been a crappy repaint. We had an 88 International that had a really bad repaint that looked almost maroon. It was definitely way darker than the 89. On some areas, the bad repaint started to peel away and the paint underneath was a much brighter shade. I think the people who repainted the car either tinted it too dark, or it was just a real cheap quality paint that faded real fast. It might have also just been exposed to a lot of sun, the red paint on these cars actually fades to a darker shade.

Sorry, the drivers fender has a dent in it. The car was rolled, and there wasn't much left body panel wise. For what it's worth, it was an '89.

I don't know, it could be. If it's an 89, it probably is. If it's a 90, probably not.

Didn't that one have a bad driver side fender?

I don't know, it could be. If it's an 89, it probably is. If it's a 90, probably not.

Didn't that one have a bad driver side fender?

I think so but I can't remember which side had the damage. Probably driver's.

Yeah, that picture isn't too clear, but it looks like there's a dent on the driver side fender going from about 5" forward of the windshield to the wheel well. :(