Seat problem

Prospeeder

Ok, in my tgp, the back of the seat that you push forward to alow people to get in the back, well, it has little button grabby things so it releases the seat, so u can push it forward, but they dont move, and the seat backs just move freely, and when u slam on the brakes, ur seat back goes flying with u, and its not good, so is there a way i can fix this? if this is a bit confusing i can get pics, lol

Sounds to me like they are stuck in the unlock position.. Try lightly tapping them the way to LOCK them.. Otherwise, the mechanism itself may be shot..

oh shit, that sucks, ill tap them, see if that works, its actually kinda convient how it does that, but it might cause a hazard in an accedent or break the seat if in an accedent and it flied back really fast and hard

trust me, even in a accident you don't gotta worry about the seats comeing foreward much, and i agree i have yet to see w-body coupe seats that actually latch.

My coupe seats are the same, I'll triple I have yet to see some seat backs in a coupe w-body that actually do lock...both my seats have that locker at the bottom, but you just have to push the seat belt forward everywhere on the seat and no problem, it'll go forward lol.

I have worse to worry about - my seatbelts don't lock when you tug on them -worn out or broken. All four seatbelts are like that....the only guy that might stay put is the center seat in the rear lol...

Guess I shouldn't be laughing...

- Jeff L.

My coupe seats are the same, I'll triple I have yet to see some seat backs in a coupe w-body that actually do lock...both my seats have that locker at the bottom, but you just have to push the seat belt forward everywhere on the seat and no problem, it'll go forward lol.

I have worse to worry about - my seatbelts don't lock when you tug on them -worn out or broken. All four seatbelts are like that....the only guy that might stay put is the center seat in the rear lol...

Guess I shouldn't be laughing...

- Jeff L.

The seat belts have a little weight that swings when the car pitches forward to engage a locking mechanism. They won't lock if you just tug on them. I found that out when I took my door panel apart and had to get glass out of the door and seat belt module because some fucker smashed my window and glass was making my seat belt fuck up.

i have found a set of working locking seats finally i did the bench test the repair manual says to do and repaired them a little bit now i have 2 safe seats for my cutlass :lol:

i have found a set of working locking seats finally i did the bench test the repair manual says to do and repaired them a little bit now i have 2 safe seats for my cutlass :lol:

Punctuation is (or should be) your friend.

Mine have never locked, and my friend with an 89 cutlass ciera coupe, his seats don't lock either.

mine only locked when I hit the brakes hard...if I was stationary they could move forward....my 89 GP, my 95 GTP and my '97 cutty all behaved the same way..

mine dont, when i slam on the brakes the seat back flies forward with ur, but right then the seat belt locks up and u can the seat are forward in the seatbelt, lol

mine dont lock when i slam on the brakes or park on a incline so. that is why i repaired another set of maroon bucket seats. i'm going to work on putting them in my car this weekend i think.

Ok, in my tgp, the back of the seat that you push forward to alow people to get in the back, well, it has little button grabby things so it releases the seat, so u can push it forward, but they dont move, and the seat backs just move freely, and when u slam on the brakes, ur seat back goes flying with u, and its not good, so is there a way i can fix this? if this is a bit confusing i can get pics, lol

Isn't that how it should work? I think that is the way the 2 door models came, and the 4 doors you have to pull up on the lever to move seat-back forward. My 95 2 door gp's seatbelts lock when the systems bumpin' and you move forward!

no its not, ur supose to be able to pull the button and the seat releases, like in my moms GAGT coupe, i guess i try tappin on them

seatbelts:

What happens to mine that I don't like is....my son is sitting in the passenger seat and I slow down forcefully...he ends up pitching forward slowly and the belt lets him.

Then (which hasn't happened yet), if I hit the brakes hard....it's too darn late for the belt to do any good even if it locks up. He's already near the dash.

Many times I've reached over to keep his body back against the seat just in case I have to hit them hard. (he's a 120 lbs.)

no its not, ur supose to be able to pull the button and the seat releases, like in my moms GAGT coupe, i guess i try tappin on them

In a 2dr w-body they are supossed to go forward without using the lever unless under heavy braking or parked severely nose down