HELP PLEASE

J

ok guys This morning i started my car with my remote start and it sounded like it was camming like a hot rod then the rpm would go to about 600-700 then back up to like 2,500. I pulled it in the garage and the 3 vaccume lines that go into the throttle body were popped out. What would make them come out? No one has fucked with my car (Viper takes care of that) so whats the deal? They went back in jsut fine and runs great again. I am worried they might pop out on the road, anyone else have this problem? If they do pop out again what can i use to seal them in there so they won't come out, but that i can take them out if i have to? Any ideas would be of much help... Thanks guys

-Jay-

Jay,

I can't understand why they would pop up, but nevertheless... If it's still a problem just use just a tad of some high-temp RTV silicone to hold them in place.

- RedFox340

Thanks, thats what i was thinkning cause rtv can se scraped away pretty easy. But the idea of them comming off totally, that blew my mind. I mean these things were like 1/4 inch away from the hole, not like they just slipped a lil like they actually did before. They were totally out. But thanks redfox..... We'll see how it goes! -Jay-

My friends luminia used to do that I think it just comes off when the rubber gets old, he rtv'd his in and never had another problem. my car had a vaccum line that came off after a backfire, when I changed the intake manufold gasket.

I would make sure that there is a nice, air-tight seal (with sealent) there otherwise any kind of small leak will play serious havoc with your tranny over time and you wouldn't necessarily notice until it is too late.

BTW, there is a sudden (but quick) blowback pressure through the TB that occurs when you turn the car off when it was idling fairly high. This could cause an already loose vacuum connection to 'pop out'.. At this point I would actually take the opprotunity to take apart the TB, clean it thoroughly, then assemble back with newer gaskets, sealent, etc... I've seen cars that run like absolute crap (bad fuel ecomony, noise, bad idle, etc) experience a complete turnout with a simple TB servicing.

i think it happened cause my auto start took like 3 times to start the car cuz it's friggin like -2 air temp here. Thats most likely why it did that. I bought some high temp RTV and put it on there and i am not driving my car for a week (no prob cuz i'm in school all week) cuz it said it takes 24 hours @ 70 degrees to cure, but it's not anywhere near 70 so i'll just let it sit all week. It starts fine with the key but when it trys to use the auto start it takes like 2 times to start it (i need to make it crank longer) but we'll see later in the week. later Jay

-thanks again guys-