car problem o2 maybe?

Marcus18

well the cars still sputtering when more than 1/2 throttle is applied.

I can give it more throttle as the rpms go up. turbo is not hooked up.

my t3 flange doesn't have a gasket yet so the exhaust is leaking out.

I'm getting a code for running lean. so you guy think thats the problem since the o2 is on the downpipe?

I think I'm going to try and mount the o2 somewhere else if that the prob.

thanks

marcus

ps I figured the problem needed it's own thread

my t3 flange doesn't have a gasket yet so the exhaust is leaking out.

I'm getting a code for running lean. so you guy think thats the problem since the o2 is on the downpipe?

I think I'm going to try and mount the o2 somewhere else if that the prob.

thanks

marcus

If you have a leak in the exhaust system anywhere from the exhaust manifold to where the 02 sensor is mounted you will not only leak out exhaust but draw in fresh air! That is why so many people hammer the crossover issues with cracked bellows because it allows in fresh air...causing the 02 sensor to see lean conditions....then causing the ECM to ad fuel...then causing the engine to run rich...then causing the car to run like crap! :wink: 8)

once I started thinking about it I figured that must be what it is.

I was just talking to a guy that sells turbos and he said it wasn't possible for fresh air to get in....right. I'm going to get gaskets and such to seal her up then we'll see how she runs. hopefully I can find a turbo to fit soon.

marcus

once I started thinking about it I figured that must be what it is.

I was just talking to a guy that sells turbos and he said it wasn't possible for fresh air to get in....right. I'm going to get gaskets and such to seal her up then we'll see how she runs. hopefully I can find a turbo to fit soon.

marcus

Ahhh, need more time to reply to posts and PMs :oops: but I need to charge up our new house AC, type up a letter for the wife, setup for a guy coming over that I will install a remote radar into his Vette this evening....it never ends :roll:

The exhaust leak/suck issue is best explain by thinking of the exhaust as it is, pulses coming out of the heads, pulses since the exhaust valve is only open for a moment, and a pressure with force, followed but a vacuum, just like drafting a car on the race track or drafting a semi on the highway. When we get into boost (but are in open loop so the o2 is ignored other than the learned BLM/richening carried over from when in closed loop last), we have a constant pressure, but that is the only time.

Jeff M

wish I had of thought of it sooner I unplugged the o2.

runs alot! better now. my dic says I'm getter better gas mileage and my butt says I'm faster. until I get the gaskets I'll leave it that way.

oh and I found out some good news my motor isn't knocking it's just the transmission...when I put it in gear with clutch in it goes away. guess I'll be putting a different one in at some point.

marcus

wish I had of thought of it sooner I unplugged the o2.

runs alot! better now.

marcus

Well that is one of those...DUH :oops: kind of things!! :lol:

Just goes to show how hard it is to help others troubleshoot their cars through a keyboard and computer monitor! You just assume things are the way they should be to start with... :wink: :lol: 8)

Too true :shock: Glad to hear it worked, been throwing things at this wondering when it would get better, someone got him going better so sweet 8)

Jeff M

I'm not meant to have this thing running right.

my brand new master cylinder took a crap on me so it's sunday before they have a replacement in.

thanks for all your help people.

marcus

Aoww man!!! ABS Took a crap??? Blowing fluid or what, hate for it to be an external thing you might be able to fix and save the work swapping one, unless warranty includes the labor?

Getting there, slow for sure :evil:

Jeff M