Cool Back-up Light Mod for Z's

JJ77

I ordered two 19 led bulbs for my Back-up lights just to see if they would make a difference. I got them in today and in a rush it put them in, I forgot to take a before pic , but the after pics speak for themselves.

jj002.jpg

jj005.jpg

DSCF0887.jpg

Look how bright they are

DSCF0886.jpg

They are from http://www.autolumination.com/ under the 3157 back-up and taillight section

Cool, to bad its only for the Z...

I think reverse lights SHOULD be bright because when you are backing up in a rural area you can't see shit - or at least I can't...

- Jeff L.

The pics look like they light up most of the light, but in real life they almost always just have 2 bright 1-2" circles on the lens. Are the pics really accurate to real life?

That site is pretty cool though, the Light Towers look very interesting.

During the day they look like this, but the night pics are true to real life. The back-up light cover diffuses the light , but you could get some that shoot light to the side so it would fill up the fixture

DSCF0889.jpg

DSCF0888.jpg

Here is a pic at night with the flash on

jj003.jpg

And don't put them in the blinkers, they don't work

I have 3157's all the way across my back end of the Z and 4 led red 194 bulbs on the corners. My blinkers work fine. I believe a normal 3157 is a dual filiment bulb. The 3156 is the single filiment bulb. Anything called 3157 should be able to blink. At least mine do. But i did have to get a heavy duty LED flasher made for semi's to handle the amount of led's. Each of my 3157's have 12 led's...plus the 4 led on each rear corner....blus my 2- 12 led amber signals up front and my 2- single led corner amber's. That's alot of led's... :D

Yeah, I've seen those halogen replacement backup bulbs. I think they'd be a lot brighter than LEDs, but also a lot hotter, suck a lot more power, and will still burn out eventually. Backup lights aren't ever on for very long so I don't think any of that is a big problem. I wouldn't leave the car in reverse too long with halogen backup bulbs though, it could warp or melt the reverse lights.

Yeah, I've seen those halogen replacement backup bulbs. I think they'd be a lot brighter than LEDs, but also a lot hotter, suck a lot more power, and will still burn out eventually. Backup lights aren't ever on for very long so I don't think any of that is a big problem. I wouldn't leave the car in reverse too long with halogen backup bulbs though, it could warp or melt the reverse lights.
my suburban's tail lights haven't melted yet. so i don't think the bulbs will ever be on long enough to melt my tail lights. i think i'm going to buy a set and put them in. i'll let everyone know how it goes :)

1993 OLDSMOBILE Cutlass Supreme (2-door model)

Low beam headlamp

H4351

High beam headlamp

H4352

Parking light

3057A

3057AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

3057ALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front turn signal

3057A

3057AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

3057ALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear turn signal

3057LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light

3155LL

Fog/Driving light

License plate

194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Back up light

Front sidemarker

Rear sidemarker

Ash tray

Glove box

Map light

212-2

Dome light

212-2

Step/Courtesy light

212-2

Trunk/Cargo area

Instrument-general

Hi-beam indicator

The applications presented in this replacement guide have been compiled using the best information available from the vehicle manufacturers at the time of your search. This guide is intended for general information purposes only, not to be construed as any type of warrantee as to any particular application. For specific applications the vehicle owner's manual should be consulted.

DAMN!!! Thats quite a few!

that would be a 1000.00 dollars to convert the car over to complete LED. but think of the power it would save! a LED flashlight has a huge battery life over fulliment light bulbs! The power savings would be enough to make up the power usage of a big system!