Dor lock switches set off chime module!!!Help!!!

kadeas

Hey guys, I have a 95 gp 3.1, the battery was dead the other day. Recharged, tested with light tester, fuse #10 was pulling current with everything off.Pulled the fuse now light tester flashes bright then dim with any door open,when closed it stops flashing after about 10 seconds, and a faint buzzing sound comes from under the dash. Now...the good part...with the car started, and chime fuse out, if you press the power lock switch the chime sounds for five bings! Lock or unlock. If you press lock/unlock a few times fast, the drivers door stops locking and just clicks, but not the pass. door. The battery voltage is fine when this happens. Any ideas???

BTW- my car doesn't have abs, a trip comp., or a factory amplifier, which are all on this fuse if equipped.

Heeeeeeeelp!!! Could someone pull this fuse and start car to see if the locks make chime sound on all these cars, if so that would rule out one prob. Thanks!

Well, I found out the wire going to the drivers door pin switch, the one that turn lights and chime on was dissconected, fixed it but no change. Any ideas on where to start looking? Bad chime module? Anyone know where the chimes at? I have the dash apart and can here it but can't pinpoint its location, is it the little box on top of the steering column?

It's got me stumped, I've had this car for four years and it does it over night, crap like that shouldn't happen! Our gp's are about like women, nomatter how many times they dump on ya, you can't be without them!

Ooooh shit... This happened to me awhile ago. I wish I could recall exactly what I found.. it was uber confusing. Check ALL your fuses. I remember it being an ungodly unrelated fuse and a pinched wire. I think it was a wire related to the headlights. After I replaced whatever fuse it was, it would immediately blow and the problem continued until I discovered the pinched/grounded power wire. Wish I could tell ya more... I know I checked so many things, so I don't exactly remember what fixed it.

I have pulled every fuse in all 3 blocks, none were blown, I don't think it's pulling enough amps to pop the fuse. I.m just confused why the chime sounds when car is running and you press the door lock. If you hold down the switch it dings 5 times like you're just starting the car. I've had quite a few probs. out of this GP, if it wern't for that nice med. cloinosse paint I'd have done handed her down for a different GP...like one with all the options already in itWiss I would have known then what I "Kinda" know now! She does have 148,000 mi. on her though, and still drives great...KNOCK...KNOCK....!

If you remember what caused this prob. be sure to let me know.

Thanks.

I do know I narrowed it down to that pinched wire. It, for some reason, caused a lot of odd, seemingly-unrelated problems. It was crossed between the two wires on a high-beam headlight harness.

Have you done ANY kind of work to the car in the recent weeks?

Seems like it would be a wire from the chime module crossed with the door locks,but I looked at the wiring diagram in my Haynes book and it says they are connected. Now why is the chime module connected to the door locks? I can see the door switch, but the locks? I dunno.

Because the chime module most likely controls the automatic locking feature, y'know when you turn the ignition off and the doors unlock automatically? If that's not functioning, then you definitely have a problem.

Mine locks only when put into gear with the key turned over-not when just starting.

With the #10 fuse out, and the door open, the chime will sound when you press lock/unlock. Does anyone's do this too?