Started The Lumina Today

chadz34

Well I went out to start it today. When I put it away last year I disconnected the battery and left in there. So I go out today thinking I would have had to boost it because the battery might be dead. I hook up the cables and it only took 5 cranks and she started up! I let her run for about 15 minutes. It sounded really good. It was running exellent too. I'm going back in about another month to get it out which then I will have pictures. I called my friend yesterday to get his DigiCam but he wasn't home. But yeah, I'll get some pics up for you guys. I was so excited when it started! I watched the tach jump from 0 to 2100! BBBRRRROW.

I too love starting up cars/engines that have been sitting all winter or whatever the reason...my RX-7 fires up not problem every year...takes maybe 3 seconds and it has the shittiest battery ever in it lol - don't need much to turn over that washing machine engine though ;)

She's carburated too so before starting I pump the gas to the floor NUMEROUS times lol

- Jeff L.

Well every winter it goes away and since my dad wants to get his Camaro Z28 out sometimes the Lumina sits for 2 or 3 years. The reason for only getting one car out is becuase my parents only have a one car garage and I refuse to let the Z34 sit outside all night and the same with them they want there Camaro in the garage and since it's there house I lose. :lol:

Vandalism mainly. Some kid in the summer rode down the hill on his bike and hit my moms Blazer so If that were the Z34 I would kill someone.