Are there any W-Body seats similar to this??

1990lumina

Hey everyone - I have to admit one thing I HATE about my Lumina are the seats, mainly the front since I never sit in the back.

My front seat are a little worn, plsu they have no lower back support, and the back of them physically are not long enough so when I'm driving for an extended period of time and I put my head back there is nothing there to support it...the head rests are shitty too. They don't go up high enough, and it would be nice if they stuck out a bit forward as well.

ALSO lol, my seats don't have any bolsters on the sides, and when cornering nothing really holding you in place....SO, the question is are there any seats from a w-body that are similar to the seat shown below.

The seat shown below is from my Dad's Taurus...I don't care if there are leather inserts or not.

But damn, fi it is one thing I love about his Taurus - it has to be the seats. The backs are high, head rests are supportive, they have bolsters that you can pump up with air using the buttons on the side of the seat...and it also has lower lumbar support via the buttons on the side.

So, basically, do any w-bodys have any type of seat similar to the one below that I could swap into my Lumina??

Thanks for the help

Seat PIC:

0418_019.jpg

Thanks again

- Jeff L.

nothing close to that in a w-body that I know of.....

...if you think standard taurus seats are nice, try to find some SHO ones to sit in....both fronts are power seats with inflateable bolsters/lumbar....

do they even make front blue W-body buckets? it the Lumina interior pattern they make the same pattern in gray and burgandy in the z34 but no blue...

Prix seats are the best w-body seat. A plus is you can get power and heat on both sides. Find yourself a set of those. On Ebay all the time, but not very cheap though!

My Cutlass also has blue buckets. Just no lumbar support, while my TGP's seats have like 453213 different areas of changable support.

Guest Anonymous

The GP Aq9's are really comfortable. Yes, they came in cloth. The ones steve posted are just regular non-lumbar support ones... but they do come in cloth. The cloth are much easier to find than the leather. Trust me, you'll love the aq9's...

do they even make front blue W-body buckets? it the Lumina interior pattern they make the same pattern in gray and burgandy in the z34 but no blue...

Jay has GP blue buckets.

88-92 Cutlass Int'l seats also had the pneumatic side bolsters, 88-91 looks almost exactly like the ones Steve has.

I like the seats in my 89, they're very supportive on those twisty roads. They don't have the high-back shape of the Taurus seats though. I don't think the head-rests are any good either, because my head never touches them. On the other hand, I probably have my seat more reclined than I should.

My GS has 4 blue buckets in it.

0c69c802.jpg

Alrighty, thanks for all the replies guys, I'm seriously considering this some thing to do over summer when I have a surplus of money..

yay, off to the J/Y, and then ebay lol...

- Jeff L.

• 2 weeks later...

if your looking for cheap seats that have a lot of support look in some ford chat rooms for seats out a 93-95 lightning their sides actually fill with air manually and give lots of support. my brother owns a 95 and is contimplaitng getting new style riccaro seats so im sure he'll part with for a small fee. i'll check with him and get back to you! :alcoholic:

if your looking for cheap seats that have a lot of support look in some ford chat rooms for seats out a 93-95 lightning their sides actually fill with air manually and give lots of support. my brother owns a 95 and is contimplaitng getting new style riccaro seats so im sure he'll part with for a small fee. i'll check with him and get back to you! :alcoholic:

Or.. you could just put AQ9's in there, which already came in W-bodies..