smellly trunk

bigfredi36

i was about to install my subs, but found some pretty interesting info about my trunk. it smelled a lil moldy, and with closer inspection i realized my carpet was wet in some places, and underneath the carpet, under the spare there was some water. not good, and i cannot figure out were the waters coming from. what are some steps i can take to figure out where the waters coming from? has any one else had these problems?

get in the trunk with a flashlight while a friend sprays the trunk with a hose. Then caulk that beotch up.

That is really the best way to do it really. I'd also suggest checking your weatherstripping to make sure that it is still in decent condition as well.

My trunk leaked some water from around the well area where the water stripping is - a joint cracked and water leaked in...some sealant fix it up.

Also, in winter my trunk had tons of froze and ice on the inside of the trunk lid...spring it melted lol and got everyhwere...

If you can't find the leak, at least drill some holes in the bottom of the speare tire well so there is some place for this water to go...

- Jeff L.

my weather striping around the back window had a small crack in it and it would leak into the trunk for some reason. i just put some gasket sealer in there and it fixed the leak :shrug:

Every W-body I've known of has had some kind of leak in the trunk area, it blows.

I didn't think my cutty did until I went to clean it when I was selling it....the spare tire well had a puddle of water in it....I was like WTF?????

If you can't find the leak, at least drill some holes in the bottom of the speare tire well so there is some place for this water to go...

- Jeff L.

are u sure that you should drill a hole where water commonly travels? if you drill a hole then you have exposed metal, wont it rust a lot faster?

i dont know, id just get a cup and dip the majority of the water out and use cloth towles or paper towels to dry it out.

Am I the only one whose trunk has never leaked??
I'm 1 for 2. The Regal doesn't leak (yet anyway) but my old GP leaked like a mofo. I had planned on buying a can of seam sealer and going to town on the inside of the trunk...

Mine doesn't get any puddles, but mine also has the hole drilled in the spare tire well. Mine looks factory though. The paint doesn't look retouched and it goes inside the hole.

:?

Am I the only one whose trunk has never leaked??
I'm 1 for 2. The Regal doesn't leak (yet anyway) but my old GP leaked like a mofo. I had planned on buying a can of seam sealer and going to town on the inside of the trunk...

X3 - Never had a drop of anything in my trunk of the Regal yet...

my trunk fucking reeks

You still have those dead bodies in there from that one night you was up here?

we'll discuss this later...

Its not my fault brandon bonged those last 3 beers...

my trunk fucking reeks

You still have those dead bodies in there from that one night you was up here?

we'll discuss this later...

Its not my fault brandon bonged those last 3 beers...

:leaving:

After my car sat for a year, it fucking stunk like sex.

my z34s trunk was terrible when i first got the car. few inches of water every rain. i sealed most of it up and its just down to a very small leak.