What do you guys thinks of bra's?

5speedz34

Bra or no Bra  

1. 1. Bra or no Bra

• Should I use Aarons hood bra?
    • Should I buy a full bra and use it for trips?
    • Should I not worry about it at all?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny topic.

Well since I'm driving back across the country from Colorado next month, I don't want any rocks hitting the car.

I'm thinking about getting a bra for the trip, what do you guys think is it worth it? I don't care for them to much, so I'll probably just use it for the trip and be done with it.

Also Aaron has just the hood piece so, if you guys think that'll cover my ass, then I'll use that.

Thanks!

The hood pieces are great cause they cover the edge of the hood- which has thinner paint then say a flat surface. Once you get stone chips, you better touch up the paint or else you'll start getting rust which is hard to fix in that area. You don't really need a "full" hood cause the rest of the front of the car is plastic anyways and can usually take some stones without damage.

Just make sure you take it off when washing, and wax as you would with the rest of the car, to make sure that the paint doesn't fade on the rest of the car and look different.

Well, the bra would be on for the length of the trip I would take it off as soon as I got home.

If it's going to save my paint I would get the full one, but if it's really not going to be worth the $ then fuck it.

I found this one.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=LEB&mfrpartnumber=5537601&parttype=561&ptset=A

I have a hood Bra on my STE and would never ever put one on any car ever again. causes more problems then it solves

I agree, our Camaro had one from the day we bought it. Dirt gets trapped in between it and the paint, and we had to wax the car liek 4 times before the marks form it rubbed out.

Tony, I'd just use my hood one, for the reasons above. I think that should be good. Plus its free!

I have a hood Bra on my STE and would never ever put one on any car ever again. causes more problems then it solves

I agree, our Camaro had one from the day we bought it. Dirt gets trapped in between it and the paint, and we had to wax the car liek 4 times before the marks form it rubbed out.

Tony, I'd just use my hood one, for the reasons above. I think that should be good. Plus its free!

Well, like I said I really don't think one trip will matter but fwiw, its 1200 miles. :wink:

If the you guys think I should be fine with just the hood one than thats what I'll do.

Well, for sure I'm not keeping it on past the trip. If I get one I'll just keep it for long drives.

The reason is my friend has a 97 GTP and drives 3 hours to school, and I saw his car and was like :shock:

If you read the thread you'd realize its mine, and he can borrow it for free cuz I don't use it.

Yeah I can read. Thats why he mentions BUYING one. It was to THAT statement I am referring to.

If you read the thread you'd realize its mine, and he can borrow it for free cuz I don't use it.

Yeah I can read. Thats why he mentions BUYING one. It was to THAT statement I am referring to.

aye capain

Bra's are only good for one thing. Just ask Shawn(Gnatgosplat).

:bonk: :bonk: :thumbsup:

Sorry, this is off topic, but was I not a member of this site when something happened with Shawn and a bra lol??

And on topic: Just use the hood piece.. My Lumina has some stone chips on the very lip of the hood that would not have happened if there was a hood bra on it..they chips are quite big (must be that shit ass quality paint GM used)

- Jeff L.

I have a car bra because my hood is severely dented on the front lip. first some stupid broad hit my car with here jeep and left :evil: Then my old roommate smashed my car into one of those ripple type of guard rails (like 3 ripples and 18 inches tall). My car bra is really just to hide those things and it was free.