Power Antenna

FastSE2DR

My power antenna won't go down on my 94 GP anymore...it just started yesterday...it sounds like its not catching but i know its not stuck because i can kind of get it to go down with a little push...do you think its the motor? if it is, arent they really expensive to replace?

has anyone swapped their power antenna to like the little rubber "euro style" antenna? I was thinking about doing that if its broken....

Thanks

I bought a power antenna from a Cadillac for like 20 bucks.. Works great too.. Originally purchased for the 6k, but I'll use it on my Lumi..

Sounds like the motor is out.. Can you hear the motor turning? Maybe the relay blew on it

Yuck, I HATE those little crooked rubber antennas. :gone2far:

Anyway, does your antenna go down if you push on it? Could just be that it needs a new mast.

you can get them for pretty cheap from any autoparts store, but any gm in the junkyard should make a decent donor.... just bring a battery with you to test them before you buy

My power antenna won't go down on my 94 GP anymore...it just started yesterday...it sounds like its not catching but i know its not stuck because i can kind of get it to go down with a little push...do you think its the motor? if it is, arent they really expensive to replace?

has anyone swapped their power antenna to like the little rubber "euro style" antenna? I was thinking about doing that if its broken....

Thanks

The little rubber one won't deliver nearly the same reception as the power mast. If you hear the motor running, than I would say that the Nylon gear strip thing that pushes and pulls the antenna is stripped or broken.

The little rubber one won't deliver nearly the same reception as the power mast. If you hear the motor running, than I would say that the Nylon gear strip thing that pushes and pulls the antenna is stripped or broken.

exactly