Power Trunk release install

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OK< ive DONE the searches, and I still have questions...

my 92 GP has the plug for the button in the glovebox. NOT a problem there. But, I need to run a wire to the release solenoid in the trunk... as I didnt see a wire harness for it in there. Which wire do i splice into for it, the green for the brown?

Do I need to "add" a fuse?

That's weird to have a plug for the button but on wire for the solenoid. I added a truck release in my Lumina. Had to add a button and run a wire to the solenoid then I have a 5 amp fuse on the power wire before the before the button. Works great...

Look GOOD in the trunk for the wire. If anything open up the wire loom that runs along the right side hinge arm and look for a black wire. You'll see 1 orange wire for the light (which the light is grounded on the trunk so there's no "negative wire" if you see a black wire, that's for the release). The plug will be tucked away approximately in the exact center of the trunklid.

Guest Anonymous

Do you really thing I should have the plug in trunk? I hope so. I'll have to check next time i am upstate. I also have the brake light wire(s) running through there...

i put a trunk release in my sister's CS and it definately had the wire for the release in the trunk.

Also, don't remove the acutual latch mechanism...just bolt the power unit onto the back of your existing latch...

Do you really thing I should have the plug in trunk? I hope so. I'll have to check next time i am upstate. I also have the brake light wire(s) running through there...

maybe your looking in the wrong spot.... seems to me from what RobtChixSdwch said that you need to check in your trunk lid, not on the car itself