Rearview Mirror Tab

jmblimo

Looking for a damn good glue to reattach the mirror tab to my windshield? Tried superglue, and I've tried most of the stuff at the discount parts stores, and the mirror keeps falling off after a short time, a couple of months. I'm also cleaning both the glass and tab with alcohol like all the instructions say before appling the glue.

I'm trying 5-minute epoxy right now - I'll see if that works.

Anyone know of something better?

any auto parts store has a permtaz rear view mirror mounting kit just follow those directions and your golden :wink:

fyi it takes 24 hours for that stuff to cure so don't put the mirror back on till the next day :oops:

Are you talking about Permatex? I think I've tried that before. Sounds like you've had good luck with it. If the 5-minute stuff doesn't do it, I'll try that again. THANKS

Just tape the tab to the window and let it sit for a day or two. Never had a problem if you keep it out of the heat while it cures.
:withstupid: the car has to stay in the shade for at least 6 hours i haven't had any problems with though and i've had to remount a ton of mirrors :wink: also use the painter's tape and a razor blade to scrape the glass clean and that little tab just be careful.

Maybe I'm rushing the process, and will try to keep it out of the sun.

I've been scrapping the backside of the tab on a cinder block and found that removes all the old adhesive pretty good. Wipe it with alcohol before appling the new glue.

I'm going to try the Permatex stuff again. I think I tried it before - is it the 2-part mix with the little bottle of blue activator?

I've heard of some fancy stuff that requires a UV lamp to cure. Maybe that's what the glass repair folks use.

We use the permatex stuff at work, I've never had a problem with the kit. I do it out in the sun, in the shop, wherever the car is at! Just make sure you clean both the window, and the button. I usually scrape the old glue off with a razor blade.

I did the Beretta 3 yrs ago, and it's still there. The STE got the glue job a few months ago.

This should work fine for you