does your car seem faster when....

Nick1234

you get off the freeway. i drive 20 minutes from waukesha into milwaukee, all on the freeway. WHen i get off the freeway i slow down to take a turn, and punch it and without a doubt the car reacts, accelerates, and runs smother and faster. even from a dead stop its definitely there. anyone else ever notice this.

it accelerates harder and faster than normal. Doesn't hesitate, just pulls nice and strong. do you think the computer adjusts to each condition and when i get off the freeway, it is dumping in more fuel?-

My car tends to run like ass for the first couple of minutes after startup. Something about the oil warming up, the rest of the engine expanding so that the piston clearances are tighter and compression higher, tranny fluid warms up, etc. etc.

My car tends to run like ass for the first couple of minutes after startup. Something about the oil warming up, the rest of the engine expanding so that the piston clearances are tighter and compression higher, tranny fluid warms up, etc. etc.

that's why you always let your car warm up before you drive off!

i never notice my car getting faster...i wish it would though 8)

i know wehn i get off the highway, it seems wicked slow, cause i go from 70-75mph down to 30.

its like "damn, i could run this fast!"

but never the other way around.

its called Velocitacion (sp??) its where u are going fast, then go slow, and it seems ur car is going really slow, and when u accelerate it seems ur going fast cause ur not going as slow, lol, talkin in circles!

My car runs about the same...although it comes off the highway and usually heats up quite a bit lol...maybe that's because I abuse it to much...although I haven't been hard on it for a whole month!!

i know exactly what your talking about. :)

although, i heard it isnt a real word though, but then again, what do i know.

Im with you on that one...I use to drive for my last job...basically going 75ish and then would head onto a 30-35mph city street for about 10 minutes...let me tell you that it felt like I was crawling :lol:

When I get off the freeway it always seems like my car is slower. I don't know what it is, but I pull off and go WOT and without fail everytime I think to myself "damn this thing is slow." The only car I ever had that I didn't do that in was my Calais 'cause it was slow all the time...

Shawn

When I get off the freeway it always seems like my car is slower. I don't know what it is, but I pull off and go WOT and without fail everytime I think to myself "damn this thing is slow."

Same here. My car ALWAYS feels like a dog after getting off the interstate.

The only car I ever had that I didn't do that in was my Calais 'cause it was slow all the time...

:lol: :lol:

Velocitation is a real word, my Drivers Ed teachers talked about it

mine did too

but he made lots of stuff up :lol: so i didnt know what to believe

Lol, I use the NGK equvilalent in my RX-7 - regular plugs don't work well in rotary engines....

Dunno why I put in on there, bored one night and found it on the computer iirc lol...

- Jeff L.