3pt1lumina

I'm starting to look at a 90 Lumina Euro that my buddy's friend is selling. It's identical to Jeff's (1990Lumina) only it's a 4 door. I believe it has a red interior but I've only seen it from a relative distance. I'm told it has around 120,000 miles on it. He has owned it for about 5 years and its been on and off the road. Ok so here what I want to know. He's asking $500 for it. I'm thinking of offering him $400 for it however there are a few things I need to ask you guys.

- the tach doesn't work. How do you fix this?

- with a full tank of gas it will leak. Sending unit gasket is shot. (This I dont really care about because my Lumina is the same way)

- was in an accident about 3 years ago, was fixed but not perfectly.

- needs an alignment. (I have a set of tires for it if they are shot)

I really only want this car to beat it until something major breaks then I want all the Euro parts. Then I'll part out the rest of the car. It's nothing that I'd keep forever.

I'm offering him no more than $400 but I don't think he'll take much lower. This is of course after I drive it and see how the engine and tranny are. My friend know's cars and he knows whats good and what sucks. What do you guys think?