picture request: B4U clips

rudefyet

anyone have a photo of the clips under their B4U? Preferablly a pic of the door with the moulding removed.

Just need to see how complicated things are under there, and how they compare to my current clips, thanks!

I may be able to get a shot of a fender with just the clips on it.. I've never looked at it close so I don't know if they're broken or anything thought. I'll check tomorrow.

If you don't get one here, I can almost guarantee you that "Stewy" on the pre-97 section of clubgp can get you some pictures of them, he parts out/has parted out a lot of Prix's. I'll pm him in a second to see if he has one.

anyone have a photo of the clips under their B4U? Preferablly a pic of the door with the moulding removed.

Just need to see how complicated things are under there, and how they compare to my current clips, thanks!

I have only taken off the fender flares. Not too hard if you think about what you are doing first.

http://www.geocities.com/schudini/pictures/

It's the first picture on the page.

(dang, never realized how tiny the brakes look!)

oh, how bout getting it back on, thats my problem

push up and snap into place :lol:

but yeah...i wanted pics to see if the clips are different, if they aren't installing B4U will be a piece of cake

oh, how bout getting it back on, thats my problem

It's easier to take the clips off, put them on the panel and just snap it back on. This just requires jamming your arm to pinch them from behind (you need to losen up the wheel well a bit) once you pinch it then it should slide out towards you. Either that or break the clips, push them in and pop new ones on.

That 91-93 B4U looks like it has several more clips (mine had something like 6 clips) than 94-96 B4U.... 94-96 also has a larger white piece on the side next to the door which holds pretty good. I'll have to take pics, then soon I'll have pics of the rear fender cause its got a few busted clips need replacing, and a tiny bit of rust I need to remove.

• 1 year later...

Anyone happen to know what the part number is for the clips that hold the mouldings to the front fenders?? I need the number for a 1995 grand prix se w/ the b4u package.

Just go to a dealership... they have that shit on the computer. It's stupid expensive though... you're better off going to a bodyshop or something.

Wow, old topic. You might have better luck creating your own.

Heh I saw the topic of the post and it reminded me that I needed to make a post about the part numbers.. almost didn't read this one.