How's it look?

gmrulz4u

I remember that I once discussed on here that I would like to put the 5-spoke rims that were used on the 93-97 Cutlass Supreme's on my 89 Supreme International, and someone said they had tried it, and it didn't look good?

Well I did-up another PhotoShop type thing, yes again:), and I don't think it looks bad at all...

The reason I ask is because I can get an almost in new condition set of 4 for only $400CDN, which is about $250US.

What do ya think?

graywith5spoke.jpg

I know, I know...here come the laughs :lol: :lol:

THANKS!:)

I'm with Brian P, that 'factory' color of the wheels will give a nice look to the white and dark gray ground effects. Or even match the color of the ground effects to the wheels! That would look sweet; paint the calipers black or a highlight color (don't know what goes with white and gray) but it will look very slick. 8)

I personally like my 5-stars that I found in a yard, had them sandblasted and powder-coated and love the finish / completeness it brings to the car. I originally had the 16" sawblade design (still have the set of four if anyone want to place an offer), but now definitely stands out more to me. You'll like them, easy to clean and a little less weight. :D

- RedFox340

When i had my Convertible and during the winter when i didnt drive it i put my rims just like those on my 88 CS and i liked it a lot but car looked much higher but i liked the looks of it. I would say go for them but i would recommend lowering the car.

I'm with Brian P, that 'factory' color of the wheels will give a nice look to the white and dark gray ground effects. Or even match the color of the ground effects to the wheels! That would look sweet; paint the calipers black or a highlight color (don't know what goes with white and gray) but it will look very slick. 8)

:D

- RedFox340

nono, I meant it might look a little odd to have light silver wheels surrounded by dark grey bottom and white body. Too many colors contrasting each other, plus with the black trim and all.

Chrome or polished looks the best if you're keeping the dark gray ground-effects, but that's just my opinion (and GM's too, they put chrome wheels on all Buick Regal GS's that have dark gray gfx).

Yeah...but I'm thinking of getting it all one color anyway...

Like this...

whitelow1.JPG

By the way, do you guys think the ABOVE pic has a "hint" of blue?

Cause people keep telling me that it does...

I think that the wheels would look good on your car. I think that they would accent the gfx and would be an in-between color for the gfx and the white of the car. Anyways, I have the same wheels on my Ciera and I love them. I know that you probably don't care, but here's a pic

OLDS(6).jpg

Here it is with the color fixed and the "it's BRIANS car" treatment done to it

I don't quite understand what this is supposed to mean?

Ah I should have clarified. My car never had those side door ding moldings on it, and I removed the center olds logo. I attempted to put raised white lettering on the tires, but MS paint sucks.

Oh I see...so have you made your "FINAL" decision regarding how you're painting your car?

I have to make mine by February 10th, cause that's when it's going in...for 5 days...