Saw a Grand Prix GXP at a dealer!!!

Grand Moff Joseph

Walked into the Chevy dealer here in Rolla, MO to pick up a dash clip for the Lumina, and sitting in the corner of the service area was a brand new Grand Prix GXP!! :shock: :shock:

The owner of the dealership took it out for a spin last night after it rolled off of the truck, and he was very happy with the car. One of the service techs popped the hood and cranked it up for me to hear..all I can say/do is :drool::drool:

In case you have no clue what I'm talking about, I have one sentence for you:

They stuffed a 5.3 V8 into a GP!!!!

Here's the rest of the specs from the car:

Bright silver metallic paint

black leather/suede interior with leather door trim inserts

4 speed auto with steering whell mounted tap shifters

traction control

CD player

DIC

Brembo cross drilled and vented rotors on performance tires (Z-rated)

chromed rims

displacement on demand technology (which gives it an EPA rating of 18/27)

To the guy at Pontiac who thought this up... :worship:

Granted, they still aren't as smooth as they should be, but the GXP does get better front/rear fascias, as well as some sleeker rocker panels. Still better looking than the standard model, anyway.

I remember when the 92 Grand Am was released, I thought it was freaky looking. I wound up buying a new Red SE in 94, the styling grew on me and the nose design has been copied by alot of mfgs.

I dont like the new GP styling, at least for now, the lights are too big!

I do like the 5.3 and the DOD feature.grandprixgxp05_engine.jpg

Yeah, that V8 has a very nice exhaust note too! :drool:

Well, this car is definitely the grim reaper for the Bonne - it makes more power than the Bonne with a smaller engine, and a smaller price tag.

Also, it was funny seeing some of the sales people looking at the car, and asking themselves "wow, look at these long bars that go from the front of the engine to the back near the STB. Must be a new feature" :lol:

I was quick to point out that my 15 yr. old W has those same black bars, as well as the dogbone that a lot of them kept looking at.

I was told at the dealer near me that you do not necessarily win the car you are sitting in if you do win the game... :confused:

According to the rules on the website:

Prizes: 1,000 GM vehicles will be awarded based on the participating GM dealerships and the make/brand of the designated OnStar equipped promotional vehicles used by participants when playing the game. A winning participant will be awarded a GM vehicle that corresponds to the make/brand of the vehicle used when such winning participant plays the GM Hot Button game or the make/brand of the vehicle indicated on participant's mail-in game request form. For example: If a participant receives a winning message while in a Pontiac vehicle, the prize awarded will be a Pontiac, with make, model and features as determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. POTENTIAL WINNING PARTICIPANTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED A SPECIFIC VEHICLE MODEL OR FEATURES, REGARDLESS OF WHICH SPECIFIC VEHICLE IS USED TO PLAY THE GAME. THE DESIGNATED PROMOTIONAL VEHICLE IN PARTICIPATING DEALERSHIPS IS NOT A REFLECTION OF A PRIZE OR POTENTIAL PRIZE.

I guess it is at the dealer's discretion, but generally, the rules say whatever vehicle you're sitting in. :lol:

I know it's FWD and all, but wider front wheels and tires just sounds like it would look weird.

The front wheels measure 18 x 8 inches and are mounted on P255/45R18 W speed-rated tires, while the rear wheels measure 18 x 7 inches and are wrapped by P225/50R18 W speed-rated tires. The wider front wheels help the Grand Prix GXP achieve more neutral cornering characteristics, while bolstering overall handling and braking of the high-performance sedan. In short, the wide front wheels and tires help the Grand Prix GXP push the limits of front-wheel-drive handling capability.

I know it's FWD and all, but wider front wheels and tires just sounds like it would look weird.

The front wheels measure 18 x 8 inches and are mounted on P255/45R18 W speed-rated tires, while the rear wheels measure 18 x 7 inches and are wrapped by P225/50R18 W speed-rated tires. The wider front wheels help the Grand Prix GXP achieve more neutral cornering characteristics, while bolstering overall handling and braking of the high-performance sedan. In short, the wide front wheels and tires help the Grand Prix GXP push the limits of front-wheel-drive handling capability.

:lol: i was checkin out one of those @ the autoshow...i never noticed its got wider tires up front...

here are some pix i took of one @ the greater cleveland autoshow:

292710316mLaLlY_fs.jpg

292710382gvaquy_fs.jpg

292710454qBgMVx_fs.jpg

292703727hmZrHu_fs.jpg

I love red x's

But anyway, I still am part of the small population that accually likes the new generation of GP's.

I don't like the 3rd gen... :leaving:

Yea, i think the new 04+ Grand Prixs are bad ass! especally the GTP Comp G and GXP, there beautiful, even Consumer report gave them Positive Reliablity, Satisfaction, and Depreciation, and was a reccomended buy, there nice cars, I hope out shitty dealer gets one, i want my dad to drive it!!

The styling has kind grown on me the only thing I really don't care for is how the rear swoops up. I do like the GXP though.

FWIW: We had a GP GT for a rental in florida a few months ago the interior was one of the cheapest I've ever sat in. :roll:

i thought the GPGT interior was pretty nice, my friends mom has a 04 Silver GPGT, and its nice, the exhaust sounds nice, and the stereo system is really good, its pretty comfy, and the interior looks cool, i just wish they put the Pontiac sign on the steering wheel instead of GP