ebay turbo question ..

perfecseal

That looks like a holset off of a dodge cummins turbo diesel. Even though he states its a garrett..I don't remeber garrett using claps to hold thier compressor housings. I could be wrong though.

With a 5 inch exhaust outlet, I would say that it is off a Cummins N-14 Celect Plus, or a Cat 3904. Either way, it aint gonna fit under the hood of a TGP, let alone any W-Body. You would need at least 8 liters or more to push that turbine. With the two 3 inch exhaust inlet ports, its definetly off a inline 6 Semi Deisel, probly at least a 10.4 liter, if not a 13.0 or a 14.0.

You would need at least 8 liters or more to push that turbine.

I just so happens to have about 8.2 liters in the machine shop right now. :naughty: That w/ some throttle in a bottle, and I'd get that dude spinning. :willynilly: Plus, I bet it goes cheap.

He has a few on there. I found out that the turbo came off an old city bus ... I dident neeed It for my tgp just curious as to what one would do with a turbo the size of your head.. I am although buying a volvo 740 intercooler from him for the tgp...Should be interesting..

He has a few on there. I found out that the turbo came off an old city bus ... I dident neeed It for my tgp just curious as to what one would do with a turbo the size of your head.. I am although buying a volvo 740 intercooler from him for the tgp...Should be interesting..

That Volvo intercooler is probably going to require you to cut some stuff or ditch the entire ac condenser. The inlet and outlet on the Volvo IC are on opposite sides and at an angle. I'm not even sure if you could get the inlets/outlets to clear the stock radiator. Custom end tanks could fix that though. The Volvo IC is not really that good of an intercooler, you can find specifications on them on various volvo websites/boards. I have a Volvo IC in my closet off my 1988 740. :lol:

EDIT: I can take measurements of the Volvo IC if you can't find them online(I know one site used to list every measurement at one time).

EDIT #2: I went ahead and measured the IC since it was close by.

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/IM003149.JPG

I put the numbers on with paint and it blurred the hell out of them when I saved the image. :roll:

The numbers are(from top to bottom on the picture) 2 1/2'', 28 3/4'', 17 1/2'', 18 3/8'', and the bottom one is 23 1/8''. Hope that helps. :wink: