Washing Engine

f_399

I have the 3100

I want to wash the engine bay but I need some help

Do I ahve to leave the car running?

What parts do I have to cover?(I have gone through 3 alternators so I need to know what to do)

What do I use to get all the dirt out?

What do I use to get some sort of shine...ArmorAll effect

Thanks guys!

yeah otherwise you'll get the smoking effect like your car's motor just took a crap on you.

Ive got a power washer at a car wash thats just far enough away from me to get the engine warm. I like using those stretchy bowl covers from like Reynolds Wrap or something like that. The ones that look like hair nets with the elastic bands. That way the bag wont blow off your alternator or whatever.

Use Simple Green....Bleach White....and Amor All/Megs wipes :D

yeah otherwise you'll get the smoking effect like your car's motor just took a crap on you.

Hot expanded metal met with a sudden rush of cold can produce a lil more than steam.

You'd be surprised...might not crack them, but rather wrap them possibly. Although gihly unlikely it's possible.

It's like puring ice water on a windshield that's been in the direct sunlight all day - cracks it no problem, lol, just ask my dad

- Jeff L.

Ive got a power washer at a car wash thats just far enough away from me to get the engine warm. I like using those stretchy bowl covers from like Reynolds Wrap or something like that. The ones that look like hair nets with the elastic bands. That way the bag wont blow off your alternator or whatever.

Use Simple Green....Bleach White....and Amor All/Megs wipes :D

This is how I did it.... Take a look at her before/after at my website 2nd page

http://www.cardomain.com/id/yeah3100

I can't believe someone actually posted another topic about this.. there have been so many hardcore, in depth topics already.

I wonder how many 'OMG another post about THIS' posts have been posted on this forum already. With as many times as that has been said, it just might have been easier to answer the author's question.