Clay bars

supreme_style21

I wonder if it is a special clay in the clay bar?? Or is some other kind of clay(modelling clay for example) would work just as well. As long as you have some kind of detailer spray?? :shrug: I've got my severealy (sp?) oxidized 81 camaro that I may try it out on.

*throws globs of mud at car* :bonk:

If you have alot of oxidation I'd recommend some type of rubbing compound instead...or wet sand....it will take a long time to do with a clay bar.

- Jeff L.

never had a problem with pinstriping.

I use a clay bar often. I think its great. It never left my paint looking like primer, and it shouldn't, all it is doing is removing dirt on the top of the clearcoat. This includes all wax and everything else. So your car most likely doesn't have good paint, and it needs wax to look good.

Some-times I get lazy and don't wax it after about 2 hours of detailing (yes I even have a buffer). But it doesn't do any harm.

Clay bars rule.

I use a clay bar often. I think its great. It never left my paint looking like primer, and it shouldn't, all it is doing is removing dirt on the top of the clearcoat. This includes all wax and everything else. So your car most likely doesn't have good paint, and it needs wax to look good.

It leaves my paint looking like primer because the detailer dries onto the paint after I use the clay bar. I don't wipe off the excess detailer because if I go through and clay bar I'm going to wax right afterwards.