Clay bars

supreme_style21

I assume these things will tear up pinstriping? I have a clay bar I wanna go over the car with when I've got 15 spare arms and hours of time to spend on it, but I'm curious what it'll do to the stripping. I've got one in the usual spot, but also, the lower cladding has black stripes in the grooves. Whats it going to do? Best to remove them before?

I've used it on my Z a few times now. The first time... I couldn't even believe the amount of shit it took off the car. The majority of the stuff it pulled off I would have never even realized it was on there but it looked so sweet with a nice coat of wax afterwards. A coat of wax is very necessary afterwards too because the clay bar will leave your paint looking a little odd afterwards. My car looked like it was completely primer.

the clay bar wont hurt a thing including you pinstriping as long as you use detailer with it, but it pulls off so much dirt from the paint and leaves the paint soo smooth, my dad used the clay bar system by mothers wax and polishes on his car and this is how it turned out, after the clay bar and a 3 step wax, mind you this is all orginal paint

803598_33_full.jpg

do you like that backdrop for car photos?? :smilielol:

Almost same color as well.

Anyways, that clay bar is supposed to work wonders. Never used it, but I would like to. That is, after my cars body work gets done atleast...

the clay bar works ausome, make sure you post pics when your done with it!

Absolutely.. I am going to pick up that Liquid Glass that Luke used on his TGP.. I was really impressed with it and I've been reading numerous reviews that RAVE over that stuff, so we'll see how she looks as soon as I have a free weekend.

You like your pinstriping?
Ick I'd just remove the pinstripes.. your car will look better without it anyways.

Yeah I like 'em. If it were just the one at the top, I'd sure take it off, but it kinda ties the black stripes in the cladding together, and I like the striping in the cladding.

Ive got a Meguiars clay bar collecting dust from last summer that I bought and never used. How long will it last before i have to throw it out? Its still sealed up.

Ive got a Meguiars clay bar collecting dust from last summer that I bought and never used. How long will it last before i have to throw it out? Its still sealed up.

It should last a while as long as it is still sealed. It won't dry out all sealed up. Use that shit. You won't be dissapointed.

Absolutely.. I am going to pick up that Liquid Glass that Luke used on his TGP.. I was really impressed with it and I've been reading numerous reviews that RAVE over that stuff, so we'll see how she looks as soon as I have a free weekend.

Is the Liquid Glass, a Clay Bar?

Liquid Glass seals your paint right? As in however it looks before you apply it is going to be a bitch and three quarters to change afterwards?

Liquid Glass seals your paint right? As in however it looks before you apply it is going to be a bitch and three quarters to change afterwards?

Supposedly lifts just as easily as wax with a cleaner.

blmawetshliw.jpg

This is what I use on mine. I find that it works better than the other stuff that I have tried. Even without using a clay bar, the paint on my car is so F*@#'n smooth. And it smells like almonds for some reason.

Wax is only as good as the paint you put it on. If you have a layer of oxidization it doesn't matter if you use the best wax in the world, it will still look like crap. That's why I haven't waxed my car yet, cause I'm waiting to use either claybar or polishing compound..

I wonder if it is a special clay in the clay bar?? Or is some other kind of clay(modelling clay for example) would work just as well. As long as you have some kind of detailer spray?? :shrug: I've got my severealy (sp?) oxidized 81 camaro that I may try it out on.