saw a 95 GP for nice price.

Lee

I saw a 95 Grand Prix SE with the B4U style package today. It had 178K for miles and was in very nice visual shape. Charcol interior, the exterior was a kind of dark gun metal blue/grey. anyway the window price was $1995. I haven't the cash but if I did it sure seemed like a fantastic buy. It had the cross laced wheels.

I'd say they'd come down and if I could get 7 or 8 hundred for mine.....well pipe dreams are nice but all my money is being eaten by new house landscaping. Man does it cost a lot to put a yard in!!!!

yeah it's a lot of miles but mine has about 220k and runs perfect. Unfortunately the suspension has seen better days. This car was very clean though.

I guess I'd have to challenge any of you with a similar 95 to sell your's for 2k or less with the haggling. 2K was the window price.

It is the case of "I couldn't get 2K for it but I'd never sell it for 2K, blues."

well yeah yours runs good but that doesn't mean this one does. A LOT can happen with 178k. Run over it with a fine tooth comb.

Exactly.

If mine had 175k on it, I wouldn't dream of selling it for 2 grand. Hell, if I sold it now with 100k, I can see it going for around $2,000.. I can't imagine what it would go for when its pushing 200k. If somebody would pay that kinda money for it, spectacular. I, personally, would not.

High mileage isn't just the motor (yeah 60*s can run forever, bla bla we've all heard that before)

Check the transmission.. drop the pan! (WISH I DID!!)

Get a full pre-safey done for $75 or whatever to find out everything wrong with the car needed for safety (oh, and don't trust them if they say they are gonna safety it).

And the dark gunmetal/blue whatever... repaint???

high mileage 95 Grand Prix are kinda like....like that girl at school your mom said to stay away from- hot to look at but personal problems you don't know about.

Do yourself a favor and pass it up (unless you can get it for cheaper)

The engines, I do not doubt. There is much more to a car than an engine. Replacing chassis parts and all the other wear items can add up very quickly.