ground effects removal from '93 GP

SnowDrift

Can someone give me instructions on this or point me to a discussion thread about it. I've never taken these off and would like to in order to take care of some rust spots before they become too fierce. This is a '93 GP with the B4U? package that was available on the Special Edition models. I'd like to remove them from the entire car, including the rear bumper, if possible.

Thanks,

SnowDrift

With the fenders you gotta remove a few screws and then lift "up". At least that's the way it is with my 95. If you are gonna buy new clips then I wouldn't be too worried about taking them off, cause you are likely to break a few anyways.. they're just crappy plastic.

no, my TGP kit, its pain to take off, and the clips are metal, and the so hard to get back on, and the screws rust out and dont come out, i asked the same question., but no one could answer it, so i hope u get ur answer, i got a rust spot pokin out of one of my side peices

yea really, how can no one here now know how to take on and off the Ground effects of the Grand Prixs with the ground effects, any 89 TGP through 96 GTP's or SE w/ Effects, there a gazillion people here, some1 must know

I say just dive in and try to take them off. As long as you are carefull I don't think you can break the panels too easily, just the crappy plastic clips (if yours are plastic or metal like on TGP I dunno..)

its not the panles im afraid of braking, its the paint being ruined from trying to get them back on

Put masking or electrical tape (duct tape it you want, but it's so sticky) around the edges of the panels, that will reduce the chance of scratching the paint ;)