Keyless entry variants?

Intlcutlass

Were the 89 keyless entry recievers different from the 95+?

Mine had stopped working, and I was going to repair it, but I saw a 95 in the yard with the speaker carpeting and eveything removed and this one had not been touched... so I grabbed it.... $5... :wink:

Anyway... I was looking at Shawns repair proceedure, and pics, and he observed 8 wires goint to the reviever on 1 connector....

The one I grabbed has 2 connectors and 16 wires..... The case looks like the exact same thing (from the pics) , but this one has 2 connectors on it....

Where their any differsces between the older versions, and the newer (if you can call 95+ "newer")?

I cut the harness out as far back as I could go "just in case" there is some unforseen cool feature this one has that mine does not..... :think:

Lee

Yep, newer ones were different. They had domelight supervision. I know for sure there are 2 additional wires, door input and domelight output. I don't remember what the other wires were for, but I'm sure I have a wiring diagram... somewhere.