Leather upholstry repair

DEMonte1997

The dumbass dick who owned my car before didn't understand that repair stuff was just for little cracks and put it ALL OVER the bottom portion of my seat. It doesn't even feel remotely like leather. I'm not sure what he used, but it looks cheap.. so don't get the cheap stuff.

Guest Anonymous

My drivers seat has these things that look like veins of some sort- they aren't torn, ripped, or brittle and cracked... what are they? does this leather stuff help them?

On my driver seat on the left side where I slide in and out of my car everyday is starting to rip also :x And its all worn all around that area. I would like to repair it some time if it wasent that expensive.

For you guys with brittle leather you should buy some leather reconditoning stuff to get moisturize the leather and that will prevent cracking and brittle areas.

As for a tear, if it were me I'd serious think about getting a knowledge upholstery shop to fix it...if you fuck up with the repair glue or whatever that stuff is then it might look even worse.

- Jeff L.

Thanks for the replies. The tear is really small and it's in a spot that wouldn't get much attention. I'm going to pick up one of those cheapa$$ repair kits from Walmart and fix it with that. Like I said, the tear is smaller than a fingernail clipping... just want to make sure it doesn't get worse.