rust is creepin up

streetdreams

I noticed this year5 gettin her back on the road some unfamiliar orange forming at the bottom of my doors. upon inspection I also found a full load of illegal aliens in full production (pine needles,leaves,moisture,dirt)up in my front quarters/door sill area. lil bastards! I got perfect paint until this happened. I wax that white every month now this is P@#$*!% me off, before this the ONLY rust I had on the car was the drivers taillight where the seal around the taillight housing gave in to a major rotting of the housing. I was proud y'know this car hasnt been rust proofed or body workin since new and now this. I'm gonna get the taillight housing oil sprayed till I can get down to work on it, the door sills I just wipe them down in gasoiline or carnuma to keep it away for now...any suggestions

gotta get those damn leaves out of the door/quarter tomorrow

Yeah my 88' GP rotten away on the bottem of the doors (on the inside), the rocker panel was GONE on the driver's side, among many other bad bad cancer spots. That's half the reason I got rid of the car, cause I couldn't fit all that shit and it just wasn't worth it. I was gonna get my 95 oil spray undercoated this year before winter but never got around to it. It's still looking pretty good underneith now I'm just fixing up some rust around the fenders, which is mostly hidden anyways by the ground FX. Lucky it's been just surface rust that I've grinded away and no holes. Gonna get that bitch oil sprayed with extra cheese on top for next year.. I HATE RUST!!!

see thats why I need to do this, once it sets in I'm screwed + my bros do the undercoating at the shop down the street so if I pay for a basic undercoat I can get a double coating of the full package, gotta do this but theres so much else right now pertaining to THIS summer

My 90 Euro was RUST FREE except in on lil spot on the trunk.. After the first winter I had it, the rockers rotted, and it started rusting everywhere.. I didn't have much left of the rockers by the end of that first winter.. Pissed me off cause that car was REAL nice.. Rust.. Get it taken care of before it winds up lookin like my 87 6000..

the whole car looks mint so I dont wanna lay a grinder to any section of it but I guess its

only to protect her till I can afford a good paint job

I've got a few tiny spots showing up from the salt on the rocker panels. Apparently the paint got chipped over winter and I didn't see it...oh well it just a little work to get it back to good.

However, when you pop my trunk and look in the well area around the weather stripping there's been rust there since I owned the car and I'm planning on stripping that all down this spring as well and repainting it.

Sorry top hear about your GP, its good you caught it fairly early, but take everyone's advice and remove all the cancer you can before it takes over the whole car

- Jeff L.

Hey use POR-15.... It will stop the rust from continuing.

And if you have to fill the body at all, use "Duraglass" NOT Bondo. Bondo is not water resistant and rust will come back in 6-12 months. I had to re-do all of my bondo with Duraglass because all the Bondo fell off. The Duraglass is solid as a rock. 8)

Definitely though dude, POR-15, definitely worth the time to paint it on there. :thumbsup:

I learned from experience that the white paint has some metal in the paint itself. My doors has a thin line of "rust" forming and i sanded them down and hit them with primer until i could have my old boss paint them. Just get it while it's still on the surface, and i would even hit it with some rust stop treatment. Later Jay