Pick one:

Brian P

Which reverse bar color?  

1. 1. Which reverse bar color?

• 1 month later...

bumpity update:

Finally found the time to get started with painting. I prepped the reverse panel to be painted white along with the rear dual outlet bumper and spoiler. The reverse panel was the last thing I did today (was going to paint it at a later date but I had a LOT of extra paint to use in the gun). After a few light coats of paint, then one more "cover coat" of the base coat, it started sliding off at the ends!!! Turns out it's not black plastic after all- it's painted black! The new paint reacted with the black factory paint and softened it all up. (no primer) I wiped it all off using the paint thinner and the plastic is 100% clear. Do I leave it this way? .....it'd be something interesting but nah. Tempting though. Now that I have it down to the plastic I can scuff it, get a good primer and paint again. No turning back now!

I'll take a pic before I paint it, if I do. I was thinking to make the whole assembly light up red, but behind the "clear" it's pretty ugly, lol.

they might have used different paint, who knows. Or they put a thin layer of primer in between. It's safe to paint over existing paint so long as it's prepped correctly. My problem is when I went to paint the panel, the temperature went down to the low 50s, so the paint was staying wet for a good 20 minutes, and at the edges it started to slide when the existing paint got soft. This may have been the problem more than anything, but I'd rather have it down to the plastic first anyway.

PPG MB series I believe. I have to double check the name, but it's basically PPG's entry level BC/CC system in urethane enamel.

Some (almost) finished pics:

5-25-05_003.jpg

5-25-05_006.jpg

I just have to mount the spoiler, might take 10 minutes but I'll save it for tomorrow. Those are the spoiler-matched tails, just kind of hard to see in the low light.

Brian, I like how that looks! I think it looks even better with the gold emblems you put on there. VERY clean!! I enjoy it.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I'd like the gold emblem but I figure I'll try it. Goes good with the white, and I have 2 more to spare if I get the urge to put one on each door (probably not)

BTW The car is done. Dual exhaust and all. I took a pic with the spoiler on but it's kinda pointless to upload and post until I take a pic with the exhaust in place. It's SO NICE to have sound out the back again, which will surely be a bit louder yet once I put on the 2.5" Downpipe and cat on. I Can't believe the size of the sucker-muffler from the factory.

Yeah, landslide ;)