Seat question

Dirty Rockstar

Can I remove the covering on these seats easily at a junkyard? I have a line on a set of leather.. Far away, but.. If the covering can come off, that would save on shipping.. Otherwise.. Can the backs be detatched from the seats?

I only ask because there is a set of 97-03 GP covers on eBay right now.. Linkie:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=7968121765&rd=1

EDIT: I am JW if the covers on OURS come off.. I am NOT planning on taking THESE covers and putting them on MY seats.. I know they won't fit.. I would like to do so either way to slap some heaters in them :lol:

i know i've had the bottom covers off my luminas pass seat before, it was real simple how it went together. i say take apart a spare set of your seats and figgure it out.

Guest Anonymous

doubt the leather is coming off... especially if its a grand prix. I think people have done it, but all the foam comes with it in chunks... i would just take the entire things, its not worth butchering leather.

Well.. Heres the idea behind this.. Get the lkeather intact from a set somewhere else.. Slide all the cloth off my current GP set.. Slide the leather on with heaters.. :thumbsup: ?

Guest Anonymous

i dont think it will work... you could try, but looking at my 92 leather seats... i dont see it working. if you do, im sure alot of people would love u tho...

My vote is to try to just get the seats. To much of a hassle to get the seat covers off.

FWIW: The seat covers do come off but it's alot of little clips and shit attached to them. Also, the rear seatback I think bolts to the bottom of the seat.

BTW- Talk to CustomCutlass93, I was with him when we took the covers off his seats to get sewn;but I don't remeber what we did. :roll:

you can remove the leather seat covers, you need a hog-ring tool to do the job correctly and it is a pain in the ass. Installation of the new skins takes a long time to make look good too. I removed the cloth skins from my Spyder and replaced them with factory leather skins. The entire project took me almost 5 or 6 hours to do. It was definitely worth it in the long run, but the only reason I went that route was because I couldn't find a complete set of Spyder leather seats.